Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,987   Online: 813

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil View Post
    I think a good way to test this theory about nakedness, God and religion would be to go to church (mosque, temple, etc.) in the buff. It might be a better way of settling an intellectual debate about man and God. Merry Christmas, tim
    Dear Tim,

Great idea!

You go first; send us a report; and we'll toss a coin to try the others...

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I'm not mistaken, some religions ... Wiccans, Druids - must be others ... do worship "skyclad" - that is nude. Haven't I read, somewhere, that Quakers were known to worship in the nude as well?
    When you stop to think about it, why should ANY external element ... clothes, fancy car, shamanic tattoo, what have you ... make us more "pure"?
    "Goodness" and beauty come from - and can ONLY come from - within. Possibly, the best expression of that idea would be to divest ourselves of everything else externally possible...

I have, for a long time now ... well before Mr. Nimoy's work ... noticed what I've chosen to call an "aura of grace" around the models I've worked with - an aura that did not seem to exist when they were clothed.

The Great Creator, and I certainly will not censure anyone for the use of a diiferent name, even "random chance"... has evolved and refined us over millions of years, and I for one will NOT allow myself to find fault with the result. Why in Heaven or Earth should I? I am certainly NOT ashamed of His/ Her work ... and if it were not for my ... uh ... what would be appropriate ... COWARDICE in the face of social pressure I would NOT deny its existence by hiding it under layers and layers of fabric.

I write this as a "communication" to kindred souls out there ... Ny nude photography is really not about photography ... not nearly as much as it is a CELEBRATION of the beauty and inherent innocence in this world.

There is SO much more to be said ... and so much more than that to be photographed.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ed,

Personally, I think you're thinking too much about this. Just go out there and shoot nudes. No big deal. Want controversy? Here's a challenge for ya - shoot men nude. I mean show the whole potato spud (or slug depending - if you know what I mean).

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have. Certainly, we have had male modes in Life Class ... and it is not beyond the realm of possibility ... but given a choice I would prefer female models. Talk too much?? Quite possibly, but today is Christmas ... The house is set up for the incoming throng ... I get to pour the aperitifes ... and hack away at a 20 pound (9.0071847 Kg) turkey. So while I wait ...

Anyway, Ms. Herron's comments hit me like a ton of bricks - much like the effect following the introduction of one crystal into a saturated sugar sollution.

Ever tried NOT to talk about something when that happens?

Off to the corkscrew and carving knfe ...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil View Post
    I think a good way to test this theory about nakedness, God and religion would be to go to church (mosque, temple, etc.) in the buff. It might be a better way of settling an intellectual debate about man and God. Merry Christmas, tim
    Good idea! If challenged, one could reply, "but this is the way God made me! I was born this way!"
    What could be more perfect?
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin