Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,963   Online: 1027

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Although the discussion may have detoured from the original intent, it's still quite valuable. It has made me realize that there are a lot of precautions that I could take that I haven't...a fireproof safe or box comes to mind...an alternative location for copies...etc.
    Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    NOTE TO SELF:

Never post a "disaster hypothetical" here to encourage people to talk about their favorite work.

Instead they will talk about their own, or others, diseases, disasters and disappointments!

Folks, the OP simply MADE UP A STORY in order to encourage you to talk about which of your work you are most proud of!

His house did not really burn down. And for those who said they'd grab their cameras - his hypothosis told you that they'd fried - ditto the negatives etc.

He was simply establishing a premise.

All of this was to get you to focus on what is your most favorite of favorite prints!

Not tell sob stories! :o
    Who made you the forum master. Who said you could tell us what to reply???
    I am offended that you think you can just decide what we can say. So what if his made up story made me think of my actual experience.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    this print (but the gum bichromate over pt/pd version I have)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gay Larson View Post
    Who made you the forum master. Who said you could tell us what to reply???
    I am offended that you think you can just decide what we can say. So what if his made up story made me think of my actual experience.
    I'm certainly NOT the forum master. But I believe someone needed to point out that the thread had been "hijacked".

That my post immediately followed your was unintentional.

I don't think it's being a "forum master" to point out that the OP took considerable effort to compose a hypothetical situation, including closing off certain alternatives (e.g. the cameras have melted and negatives are carmelized), in order to encourage people to identify their most favorite print!

Sorry if you took offense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by thebanana View Post
    George, I never knew if you were smart or smug, now I know.

Booyah!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    To answer the hypothetical question, I would not bother, I have already given my best prints to loved ones freinds and family. I am a firm beliver that tomorrow I will make my best print anyway so todays best will be tomorrows second. Thus I spend my life, dealing with the difficulties,setbacks and desasters that I will not bore you with, life puts in my path. I am old enough to of realised that if I hurt I am at least alive and there are plenty others not hurting for the wrong reason.
    Regards Paul.

Shooter
    35mm
    A picture taken on a cloudy day, there are trees off in the horizon with only the thickest branches showing over rooftops, but a flat roof with water puddled into it shows the full reflection of the trees, down to every tiny branch and twig. And in the background (as the puddle is in the foreground), the houses slowly fade away.
    By the sea is where I'll make my living.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    i wouldn't grab any photographs, they are all in my head.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I grab this one, because it's where my wife's grandmother is buried. It's not my favorite photograph, but if I saved it my wife would let me buy twice as much photographic equipment in the aftermath of the blaze.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    All of my work is crap. I would have grabed something valuable.
    [FONT="Book Antiqua"]Christopher Breitenstein[/FONT]<br>

Http://www.wetlabphotography.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin