Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,474   Online: 864

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Hey! I resemble that!

When I get home again, I'll start looking for subjects with high "Plattenwürdigkeit"
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, but you have a camera larger than your head.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    wow this thread brings back memories.. we probably had 50 members back then..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hehe! memories...

there's a thread over at p.net with someone asking 'what's the best photo site on the net' or something like that. I was tempted to post APUG.ORG but just couldn't be bothered...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige
    hehe! memories...

there's a thread over at p.net with someone asking 'what's the best photo site on the net' or something like that. I was tempted to post APUG.ORG but just couldn't be bothered...
    I went hunting for it but can't get past the full page animated cellphone digicam ads. ouch, when did they start doing that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    don't know... I've only seen one so far... reminded me of Hotmail!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    I guess the fact that I actually am a boring, luddite elitist takes the sting out of that particular insult
    I guess the fact that I actually am a boring, modernist egalitarian means that I've been posting to the wrong forum all along.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "Plattenwürdigkeit"?

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    The one thing I didn’t see mentioned was this. Digital is devaluing images. Why? Well rather then art being produced where someone keeps it for years on end digital have made photographs nothing more than wall art.

Someone’s buy a print for $20 the artist feel they made a good profit because hey it only cost me $2 bucks to print it on the ink printer, and a few months later it goes in the trash and more wall art they buy to replace it cheaply. Photographs are now becoming nothing more than posters with no value and this is also going into the painting world with digital oil painting. Total crap.

WE are losing more than people not using film any more we are losing the arts, the tradition, etc… And this digital garbage won’t last. HD crash, gone, CD scratched, images gone, etc…

Ink? Ink is not stable it does not last and there test are a joke. Their tests are done in labs with method to try and simulate aging. BW has been around for years and those images are still here. Color on the other hand has faded, and they are trying to say ink will out last a silver print?

Ok yeah right. Not everyone is an idiot like consumer Joe. Sick that people no longer research anything and takes what the TV or ADS say as the Gospel. Sick.

Oh yeah if it is in the paper is has got to be turn. We don’t need to think for ourselves anymore.

Well it is just sad and it really pisses me off, but oh well this is a society of a bunch of dumb down people with no regards to anything as long as they can get it now. Quality? Forgot about it they don’t care. All they want is more more more and screw quality.

I got a call the other day to cover a Wedding, first thing I was asked after I explained what I do was, “Well how many pictures do I get and how many on the CD?” I replied, I guess you are into quantity and not quality, you called the wrong person good day.

It is almost to the point where it is not worth doing anymore as I will not try to compete with the guy down the street that will do volume wedding for $800-1000 a pop and give everything away. These idiots make the industry as well have no value as now anyone with a digi cam can shoot a wedding. Sure the Bride and Groom are pissed after the fact but hey, they got what they deserved. You get what you play for regardless of what the masses think.

I am sick of this mentality. Digital has done a number on just more than the arts.

Sucks!

Just my two cents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's easy to get down about it that's for sure. The biggest glimmer of hope that I've had in a long time was that photojournalist interview. He explained that since everyone was using the same digital cameras all the images looked identical. So he reverted back to a Graflex and film and now he's in serious demand. This says to me that the digital art bubble will eventually burst..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The online photographic community is a very depressing place at times for those who don't capture images in 0's and 1's. I however consider APUG and and film to be the Prozac of the modern photographic era and the enlarger is my shrink!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin