Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,681   Posts: 1,548,512   Online: 817

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On (with apologies to Jimmy Buffett)

I have spent days' worth of darkroom time trying to get the right tone color on 2 images that go together. I started out with Ilford WT paper in WT developer>sepia>gold, then switched out to Foma paper and Fotospeed lith developer, then back to WT developer>sepia>gold with Foma paper. I just cannot get 2 prints of the same tone that work for me.

So I decided to save some samples of what I do have that is close, put the negative file away, and move on to other work. I'll come back to this someday.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening!

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto View Post
    So I decided to save some samples of what I do have that is close, put the negative file away, and move on to other work. I'll come back to this someday
    I've had more of those days than I care to remember! You're doing the right thing in walking away for now Dan.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happens with just about everything I'm afraid. One of the main reasons I ditched the idea of a career in Computers, for some reason no one will let you leave a broken computer for another day :rolleyes:
    You made the right move, time being frustrated can be better spent as time being creative.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree. When you start getting bad ju-ju, just back away. It will only get worse.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too.When something like this happens, don't fight it, feel it.There is no try.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin