Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,215   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Jorge -

Sadly this is typical of most state schools in the U.S. The instructors rarely (if ever) have any idea about how admissions works and aren't supposed to advise on that. The admissions advisors are overworked and have little idea about each program.

Sort of comes with the territory.
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have to disagree with you Robert, I went to UT in San Antonio and I could not have found more helpful and willing proffesors. Granted they could not tell me where in the building I had to go do the paperwork, but they were willing to sit with me, talk about the program, asked me what my interests were, why I wanted to study chemistry, etc, etc. IOW they were actually glad to see someone who had an interest. I find the attitude of carelesness at U of A disconcerting, specially since you are not there because you want to be a famous photographer but merely because you want to learn!I would have thought they would welcome a student like you....not discourage you with a superiority attitude. But what do I know.....?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well Jorge, I do have to add that my fiancee' who has over 13 years of experience as an RN was told to take a flying leap by the nursing school there when she applied for the ADN to MSN program.

Why?

Because she is English.

And at the same time the were asking the state for funds because the RN program was only 1/2 full....

Go figure....

So now she is pre-med there (they were nicer to here in pre-med) and is getting a 3.8 gpa....

Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well Jorge, I do have to add that my fiancee' who has over 13 years of experience as an RN was told to take a flying leap by the nursing school there when she applied for the ADN to MSN program.

Why?

Because she is English

Jesus Christ Robert no wonder tuition there is cheap! who would want to go to school there?! Ah well at least things worked out better for you and your fianceé. Sometimes things happen for a reason and the good guys win...
    So....when do we hear wedding bells? dont forget to post it, so we can have a nice glass of virtual wine and wish you the best!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin