Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,840   Online: 991

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Well we have both found our own best choice. Even though the choices are different I somehow feel this is a memorial day..or is it a Memorial Day?

Mr McBlane appreciated is your taking the time to amuse an old man. Thank you Michael.
    The pleasure was all mine.

I would add that "our best choices" do change. I shot 35mm when I started out, then moved to 2 1/4 (hasselblad). Since 2 1/4 is such a great compromise, I really haven't ever left it and my F4 sits in a camera bag unused and I gave away a N8008. I finally was using the F4 for vacation stuff but that has been replaced by Mamiya 7II. (damn I love bigger negs)

I have 4x5 and dabble in that, Linhof Bi kardan and a Littman. But I photograph a lot of kids and I can't seem to make it work, or can't get out of the comfort zone of 2 1/4.

I now have a digital Nikon d200 and am playing with that. So our tools do change as do we.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I have a Mamiya RZ67 with 50 4.5W, 75mm 3.5L, 140 Macro and 210 Apo. They sit on the shelf gathering dust. To each their own.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin