Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,858   Online: 1151

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Images
    Time to ask for your money back, (good luck, Charlie), and name him in this thread so others don't get suckered in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the real measure of the problem is the distance between promises and actual deeds. If John Sexton says that it will take a year to deliver a print, and if you actually get his print within about a year, then nothing's wrong. If he tells me that it will take five years, but that he delivers in five years, I don't see the harm.

But if some bozo tells you "next week" and three months down the road you have got nothing, then it's just time to say chuck you Farley, and ask for your money back.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Personally, if someone purchases a print from me for money (print exchanges are a different story), I usually get it out within a month and don't cash the check until it's about ready to go out.

I've bought a few prints from people on APUG, and generally they've taken a few months. I just don't get worked up about such things. I put up money for amidol that took two years with no clear timetable at any point. I think I waited a year for my first issue of _Emulsion_ after subscribing. I've got some cash up for the Ilford ULF film order that is supposed to arrive in May, but if it doesn't, I'll manage.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    If a check is sent and once cleared I send the print ASAP. If anything delays the print from sending I email the person as well as call them on the phone to explain the situation.

But that is just me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I send prints the day or if its too late, the day after recieving payment. I make sure to have at least the amount of prints on hand as I am auctioning. My current problem is getting people to pay on time - I've got one customer that bought a print on feb 15th that still hasn't paid. But I've got a few good customers since then, paying the same day, or the day after committing to purchase. I'm always so happy that someone likes my work that I even upgrade them to airmail at my cost; I'm not too great of a businessman...

I think you should ask for your money back and probably buy a print from me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjas View Post
    I send prints the day or if its too late, the day after recieving payment. I make sure to have at least the amount of prints on hand as I am auctioning. My current problem is getting people to pay on time - I've got one customer that bought a print on feb 15th that still hasn't paid. But I've got a few good customers since then, paying the same day, or the day after committing to purchase. I'm always so happy that someone likes my work that I even upgrade them to airmail at my cost; I'm not too great of a businessman...

I think you should ask for your money back and probably buy a print from me
    Are you auctioning on eBay? I believe there are rules about when payment is due, beyond which, you're not obligated to honor the auction. Then you can leave the buyer negative feedback and relist the print.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I sell a print and if cannot send out within 2 weeks I consider that customer is gone. I ship my prints within three days-to-two weeks (two weeks take prints painted with oils).
    However I aslo know photographers that ship in three months, but it is about "large" number of prints (say 100 prints).

If you wait for one single print that long time (months) someting is wrong.

www.Leica-R.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin