Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,508   Online: 718

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

How long should a customer have to wait?

I would be interested in hearing what others think. I purchased and paid for a photograph months ago from a photographer who never sent the print. When I contacted the individual I got all kinds of excuses one of which was,"I've been busy doing new work". Seems to me if the person had the time to do new work he would have the time to ship out print orders. When anyone has purchased a print from me that has taken priority over anything else. I figure if they like my work enough to want to collect it and are kind enough to purchase a print I should do everything I can to get the print to them as soon as possible.
    This has been going on for many months and many excuses. I don't have to mention the photographers name, he knows who he is as do others on this forum who have had the same problem with him.

Wm Blunt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ask for your payment back.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Ask for your payment back.
    I haven't gone that route yet....... keep thinking the guy will finally do the right thing

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A few months isn't too unusal for a print made to order. Certainly, you can ask for your payment back if it's taking longer than you would like.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    When something is offered for sale, it should be send immediately upon payment. Anything else constitutes fraud. If the person was "too busy" to send the print, the print should not have been offered for sale. I would allow only 2 weeks to receive the print, unless a longer time was specifically mentioned in the offer of sale. I would demand a refund, and if you paid with a CC, request your bank do a charge-back.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    A few months isn't too unusal for a print made to order. Certainly, you can ask for your payment back if it's taking longer than you would like.
    It was not a print to order. I was told on Dec. 6 of last year the print was ready to ship. A few weeks later I contacted him and was told he was not going to ship prints until the end of the year........... guess I should have asked, what year?:rolleyes:

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    When I have a check in hand, nothing takes priority over getting a print to the customer. Simple as that.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield View Post
    When something is offered for sale, it should be send immediately upon payment. Anything else constitutes fraud. If the person was "too busy" to send the print, the print should not have been offered for sale.
    With all due respect, this isn't reasonable. Many things one might order for purchase are produced following an order and simply don't exist as a finished product until then.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As I ordered this print to not only ad to my collection but help this photographer because he was in need of funds. Thought I was doing the right thing but looks like it came back to bite me in the rear. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    With all due respect, this isn't reasonable. Many things one might order for purchase are produced following an order and simply don't exist as a finished product until then.
    OK, I see your point. But surely, one could produce a print within a week or two? Personally, I would have a supply of prints on hand, prior to offering them for sale.
    —Eric

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin