Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,147   Online: 817

View Poll Results: How accurately does this quote describe you?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very accurately

4 4.35%
  • Somewhat accurately

12 13.04%
  • Not very accurately

23 25.00%
  • Completely inaccurately

53 57.61%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have some sympathy with Flusser's position.

For the last few decades I have been making photographs to give visual expression to states of mind rather than just reporting the appearance of material forms. In photography the real world is the source of those material forms and that is part of the problem. Finding the subject matter with the right metaphoric connotations is a chore and I often find myself resenting subject matter for its ungenerousness. The pay-off is that when the right subject matter does turn up the final pictures, being photographs, carry a power not available in any other medium.

Flusser's preoccupation with the camera goes a bit too far. The camera is an essential tool that has to work reliably but, just like subject matter, film, and paper, it is a necessary nuisance that needs be endured on the way to the photograph in its final form.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm
    Did this guy get paid to write this? I've seen greater wisdom scrawled on the wall of a public loo... 'For a good time call...'

*Minolta Maxxum 7 *Minolta Dynax 600si Classic *Minolta Dynax 5 *Minolta X-300
    *Minolta 28-105 RS, Minolta 50/1.7 (AF & MD), Minolta 50/2.8 Macro, Tamron 70-300
    *A passion to capture God's awesome creation

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin