Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,506   Posts: 1,543,519   Online: 1022

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdure View Post
    How about tourists? Finding under the table work in Greece is the great dream for a lot of young people.
    Yes, I should spend a few days sitting outside the Acropolis and asking young girls if they would like to pose nude for me in exchange for a few euros... if I don't get arrested... which I will...

I mean, this is not a bad idea, I just have to figure out how to approach them...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    George, an obvious place to advertise is www.craigslist.org, an online classified ad service that is free to use. It is a well-traveled site in most major American cities. The headings you might try are "Talent Gigs" and "Creative Gigs." For example, here are links to these listings in New York City:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/tlg/
    http://newyork.craigslist.org/crg/

If you want, I will ask Melanie if she knows of anyone who would be interested in working with you. Give me dates and terms. If you will provide housing and airfare, and allow the model to accept other work while you're not shooting her, I can probably locate a few terrific candidates for you.

Sanders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    George, it is interesting situation you have because here in Bosnia, in town/area I live majority of people are muslims. And it is known nudity in Islam is big NO NO. Even not practical religious people are "infected" with that new found religious neoconservatism, and here is very hard to find model for nude photography. So, my first nude model was a girl from Macedonia (FYR Macedonia). As I know (and I easilly could be wrong), people in Greece and FYR Macedonia have simllar mentality, simillar major religion (ortodox christianity), so I am surprised that you have problems with people whose mentality is simillar to one who posed for me without any hesitation and without paying her.

This is how situation was with her and me, and I am telling you to show you that you can find model when least expected. So, story goes:

I have female collegue in my firm which is mine good freind . She was in FYR Macedonia some time during the war in Bosnia. One day she told me girl from FYR Macedonia who is here on university, and which my friend met when she was there, would like to have some photographs of her, because she was 2 years in Bosnia and have no photographs of hers time spent here. I agreed to make some photographs, almost touristisic style, as for friend, and we did that. Few hours of wandering through Sarajevo and photographing her. Ater that, we sat to have lunch and coffe, and she said half in joke half seriosly if I need model she would be ready to pose. I answered also half as joke and half seriously it is great, but I am searching for nude model. She replied seriously and without hesitation that is OK too. And so it was, she came to my place, and we had nude photo session.

What I want to tell is it is not hurt to ask, worst thing can happen is she to say no (of course if hers masculine family members or boyfriend/husband is present when you ask, then... ), and if you don't ask you will not find model. So ask whenever you can, you can never know when you will have luck.

Oh, one note. If she want to bring someone with her to be sure that nothing will happen to her during posing you should allowe that. BUT!!!!! My (small) experience is next: do not allowe that husband or boyfriend or like are those people who will wach for her. Intimate partners can be big trouble, maybe not during shooting, more often after shooting. Jealousy is strange beast... Then will start things like they asking you to give them negatives/slides/prints or destroy them and like that... Be carefull for that.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could also check on Net-Model to see if anyone is coming to Greece anyway - most models will love to get a little extra job to fill up the trip.
    Net-model is international, but seems mostly UK.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Found one: http://lovely_ellise.net-model.com

She'll be working in Greece from April to October this year.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sanders

Perhaps you hadn't realised that George is in Athens Thats the real ancient Athens in Greece (with the Acropolis) rather than the US town.

I'd agree with Ole about Net-Model, there are some excellent models on the site and it is international. There are models based in Greece, and you may also find UK based models who would work while holidaying abroad.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    George, an obvious place to advertise is www.craigslist.org, an online classified ad service that is free to use. It is a well-traveled site in most major American cities.
    Sanders

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Perhaps you hadn't realised that George is in Athens Thats the real ancient Athens in Greece (with the Acropolis) rather than the US town.
    I thought George was interested in approaching foreign models with an offer of lodgings in Greece in exchange for modeling time.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    University newspapers, perhaps? Alas I have no friends currently at university; perhaps someone else can help you here.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    I thought George was interested in approaching foreign models with an offer of lodgings in Greece in exchange for modeling time.
    Well, Sanders, of course I am (within logical limits)... but airfare from the states... or even Northern Europe... wow... this would cost me more than if I paid for a professional model based here in Greece... I mean, this is supposed to be cheaper for me than approaching an agency and asking for a model, because otherwise this would be the sensible thing to do, no ?

I think that I'll try the "tourist" approach (maybe put up an ad in a few cheap hotels around Acropolis, where yound tourists usually stay), the "young actor" approach (put up an ad in acting schools) and Ole's one, that is looking for someone that has placed an ad on an online agency (that will be ready to model for a small amount of money AND prints).

Haris, your story is quite true, I am asking around but the problem here in Greece is usually family and social morals ("what ? Maria posed nude for a photographer ? what is wrong with her ? is she going to become a prostitute ? isn't she ashamed of herself ?" etc etc) and boyfriend - husband pressure (they believe that if their concubine does that, it automatically means that she'll sleep with the photographer).

I usually ask girls in an indirect way (would you know of someone that would pose for me etc) and see how it goes. Recently I was speaking with a friend of my concubine and with her was another friend of hers (female, too). I told them the story and they seemed like they could be interested in doing it (but didn't tell me directly). They told me that they wanted to come to my place to see how I printed the pictures in the darkroom (I explained the procedure while telling how I was intending to print the NUDE pictures). They probably wanted to come because they actually were thinking about posing, but were not sure about it. I left their place, came home and after a while my girlfriend recieved a call from her friend saying that they wouldn't come, that their boyfriends returned home and when they heard that they wanted to come see my darkroom, told them not to (they may have told them that they wanted to pose for me, even if they hadn't told me...). You see, things are not as easy as they seem sometimes...

After all, I haven't yet lost hope that it'll work with the one I have already found... I just let her wait for a couple of days, then call her and propose a modest amount of money and as many prints as she wants (within logical limits, as Scott wisely advised)... she may go for it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Hey George, senda photo of her my way. If I like her, I might think about borrowing her...
    Hey, Ari... I'll ask her if she's married, and if she's not if she would consider a marriage with a beautiful, strong, young, intelligent, rich Cretan... if she says yes, then I'll give her your number...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin