Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,515,987   Online: 875

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to remind folks here about the minds of the masses ...

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspo...-internet.html

It's a lost cause, people.

Regards, Art. (Let them eat cake! Or listen to Brittney, in this case. More popcorn for me, though.)
    Last edited by gr82bart; 04-08-2007 at 10:08 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link David.
    A thought-provoking experiment in context and art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AZLF View Post
    ....They are there because their previous actions have led them to the point that they must, "sing for their supper" as it were and I don't find the venue particularly appealing...

...The article while interesting reeks with the condescension of of the self appointed elite. ...

Titter, titter.
    Titter, titter indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm simply going to have to start riding the Metro more often...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought this was a pretty neat article.

I think it proves that well known statement that "beauty is in the eye (or ear) of the beholder".

CP

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Shively View Post
    The results aren't really surprising given the circumstances and timing. It's also a matter of focus. Just as Bell was focused on his performance, his accidental audience had their own individual focuses that took priority.
    Nevertheless, had I been passing by and heard the Chaccone being played like that I would have stopped and listened until he finished, no matter how pressing my business. My hat is off to Mr. Bell for a good sport.

I wish it had been Union Station instead, through which I pass twice a day, every day.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I met my girlfriend in college by way of her being a street violinist in NYC. I was at NYU and she'd been out of Julliard for a couple years. After hearing her play the first time I insisted she tell me where/when she'd play next, and things progressed from there. She wasn't much to look at, but neither was I and all she had to do was play the cadenza from Beethoven's violin concerto and any interest that may have been flagging was immediately refocused.

Talent, like intelligence, is an aphrodisiac.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Fascinating link. Disturbing in a way, too. Imagine, risking a Strad on the streets of Washington DC! It's difficult to imagine that he didn't draw a crowd, considering his talent and those selections. Doing that gig near quitting time might have been different: Even in the nation's capitol there must be many people with a strong work ethic and a rigid schedule. Given more freedom many might have paused.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Nahhh, at 5:00 p.m. in Washington, D.C., everyone goes to happy hour.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Great piece in today's _Washington Post_ (more specifically about classical music, but relevant to visual artists as well)--

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040401721.html
    Dear David,

Gorgeous story!

Thanks!

Not sure it told us anything we couldn't have guessed -- but a superb confirmation of suspicions.

Cheers,

R.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin