Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,281   Posts: 1,534,899   Online: 827

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    from this article:

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspo...eplate_09.html

"At the same time, the Internet makes small-scale specialty commerce more viable by making it much easier for manufacturers like Ebony and Lotus and independent craftsmen like Richard Ritter to find interested buyers and to recognize and aggregate demand that would otherwise be invisible."
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

APUG is Sealand....

APUG is Sealand; we live in the Fringes.

I, too, have six toes on each foot.... but my true mutation is my TLR.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If APUG went away, I'd eat less popcorn.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd drink less beer.

Apug for me is a stronghold. I think I'd be going hybrid by now if it weren't for the purists bashing folk on the forum. I'm glad that I'm staying with the darkroom.

It's also an inspiration looking through the gallery and finding photographers with the same vision as myself.

As for dwindling sales, who could have thought that vinyl would return?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What? No classic sci-fi geeks here?

Quote Originally Posted by tmike View Post
    APUG is Sealand; we live in the Fringes.

I, too, have six toes on each foot.... but my true mutation is my TLR.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Insofar as we are discussing APUG that is. It takes a certain personality type to want to post and post on a forum, and this forum is not representative of photography users. It is probably representative of photography users who find the internet forum a useful site though.

You certainly have the right to make them, but these arguments are utterly rediculous. Your basis for this is................? Must we all be some type of professional before this forum can be thought of as representative of photography users? I mean, what is your point? I'm an avid hobbyist and so are many of the others who post here---what are you?

Your statements stink with a stench that I find indescribable at the moment. I may completely misunderstand, and if so, please back up those comments with something palatable.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, an Internet forum is self-selecting for people that would use an Internet forum.

Whether or not such a group is a good or poor sampling of photographers in general, is not a fact that naturally follows from that bit of truth.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My thoughts,

If this site went away ... I would lose a great source of information and the best site that I have found to keep track of the ever diminishing comsumable products. I would be very disappointed, but I probably would survive.

My $0.02, that and $20US will get you a cup of coffee at $t*rbucks.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Well digital isn't necesarrily a bad thing , it's just that people take terrible pictures, use photoshop and call it photography. If we have an impact on film photography, it's very little. They still teach film in schools though, I'm actually in that class at the moment. A fair amount of people signed up to take this class, so perhaps film will be around longer than we expect it will be. No matter what, as long as there are those who grew up with film, it will be used until they are dead, unless some new blood decide to pick it up.
    By the sea is where I'll make my living.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    Insofar as we are discussing APUG that is. It takes a certain personality type to want to post and post on a forum, and this forum is not representative of photography users. It is probably representative of photography users who find the internet forum a useful site though.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chuck1 View Post
    You certainly have the right to make them, but these arguments are utterly rediculous. Your basis for this is................? Must we all be some type of professional before this forum can be thought of as representative of photography users? I mean, what is your point? I'm an avid hobbyist and so are many of the others who post here---what are you?

Your statements stink with a stench that I find indescribable at the moment. I may completely misunderstand, and if so, please back up those comments with something palatable.

Chuck
    That's quite an amazing hysterical outburst.

You might actually try and read what is written instead of interpreting your own hang-ups in other comments. Good luck in clearing up your own stench too; it has nothing to do with me.

jstraw Yes, an Internet forum is self-selecting for people that would use an Internet forum.
    Mr Straw's comment might actually give you a clue.

If you read the original question:
    How vital is APUG to preserving film photography?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin