Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,743   Online: 1088

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was trying to point out that your statement that "this forum is not representative of photography users" may or may not be true...but that it does not directly follow from the fact that the participants opt in and are not randomly sampled.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    I was trying to point out that your statement that "this forum is not representative of photography users" may or may not be true...but that it does not directly follow from the fact that the participants opt in and are not randomly sampled.
    I don't know. Maybe it is just me, but I got it the first time.

I never understood the confusion. You must have hit a tender spot.

"You can't please everyone, so just please yourself" - Garden Party Ricky Nelson

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have been on the internet since 1988 (back in the old InfoMac and FTP days) and have been doing traditional b&w photography since 1973. However, I only just recently discovered this site. It says it was founded in 2002, which I would consider still pretty recent. I suspect there are others that have yet come aboard.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_5419 View Post
    That's quite an amazing hysterical outburst.

You might actually try and read what is written instead of interpreting your own hang-ups in other comments. Good luck in clearing up your own stench too; it has nothing to do with me.

Mr Straw's comment might actually give you a clue.

If you read the original question:
    Ok, the stench comment was too strong. My apologies on poor usage of forum communication. I probably should stay away from the forum in the moring time when still a bit foggy eyed.

However, though you have responded with indignation toward my comments, you still have not explained your comments I was questioning you about. So, in a civil manner, I ask that you shed some light on them, especially the "this forum is not representative of photography users". What do you mean by that? Or, answer it this way--what would be representative of photography users, as you see it? I understand your statement that "this forum is representative of photography users who find the internet forum a useful site" as I fall into that category myself.

Sorry again for my rudeness this morning.

Chuck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    How vital is APUG to preserving film photography?
    Since PhotoEngineer is getting people interested in making their own paper and film, I'd say that its quite vital. Its also highly influential for manufacturers, such as Ilford and Fotoman, to put manufacturers in touch with customers.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin