Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,488   Posts: 1,644,772   Online: 849

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    re: "On a side note I was very disapointed to not find any writtings by Mr Hicks in the last AP I bouhght it was just about the only thing worth reading in the magazine most of the time."

He's apparently going to write his column one week in four. As part of the magazine's revamp.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Um, Snegron, losing weight is a challenge. Keeping it off for two weeks, once lost, isn't that hard. Keeping it off for much longer is every bit as much a challenge as losing it in the first place.

A deal's a deal so I'm not going to try to find your wife and suggest she renegotiate, but I think that as a loving husband you should. Whatever happens, enjoy the camera. I'm glad that your wife found a good motivator for you.

Cheers,

Dan

Having started at 243, dropping down to 185 is more than a challenge for me! Especially since I have been at about 240 for the past 15 years! This gives a new meaning to having to starve in order to get a Leica. I just hope I have enough energy to enjoy my M6 when I get it!

My wife knows that I buy Nikon stuff on a whim. She doesn't care too much for the fact that I am always buying Nikon film bodies and lenes. She did, however, put her foot down when I told her I wanted an M6. I think she said something about "after spending all that money on Nikon gear you will not start again with another brand..." or something like that. I can't remember the details, they seem a bit fuzzy to me right now. That's when I mentioned to her the idea of losing weight and buying the M6 after reaching the target weight. My guess is that she probably thought this challenge would drag on for awhile and I wouldn't be spending money on any more camera related stuff. She knows that I always keep my word, almost to the point of being freakishly obsessive, so even if it takes a decade of voluntary starvation I will reach my goal.

Yes, I could sell off some of my Nikon gear and get the M6, but it wouldn't be the same. I think I'll enjoy it more if I earn it. I'm now down to 205. I really hope this Leica is worth it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by snegron View Post
    Having started at 243, dropping down to 185 is more than a challenge for me! Especially since I have been at about 240 for the past 15 years! This gives a new meaning to having to starve in order to get a Leica. I just hope I have enough energy to enjoy my M6 when I get it!

My wife knows that I buy Nikon stuff on a whim. She doesn't care too much for the fact that I am always buying Nikon film bodies and lenes. She did, however, put her foot down when I told her I wanted an M6. I think she said something about "after spending all that money on Nikon gear you will not start again with another brand..." or something like that. I can't remember the details, they seem a bit fuzzy to me right now. That's when I mentioned to her the idea of losing weight and buying the M6 after reaching the target weight. My guess is that she probably thought this challenge would drag on for awhile and I wouldn't be spending money on any more camera related stuff. She knows that I always keep my word, almost to the point of being freakishly obsessive, so even if it takes a decade of voluntary starvation I will reach my goal.

Yes, I could sell off some of my Nikon gear and get the M6, but it wouldn't be the same. I think I'll enjoy it more if I earn it. I'm now down to 205. I really hope this Leica is worth it!
    I hope you make it and can keep down there or bellow maybe you should then give yourself another if I stay to this target, But know its hard to do so you will big time deserve it,

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Alex!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey! Maybe I can get that Reflex Graflex 5x7 if I loose 50 pounds! Way to go Snegron; you've given me inspiration! Back on the diet and now, for that little talk with the wife...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by alex66 View Post
    I hope you make it and can keep down there or bellow maybe you should then give yourself another if I stay to this target, But know its hard to do so you will big time deserve it,

Thanks Alex!
    Snegron,

As far as I can figure - all you get is the M6 body when you reach 185.

How much do you need to lose to get the first lens?

Or, maybe I should ask your wife about this?

Shooter
    35mm
    She agreed on one camera and one lens! I think she is cheating though because I keep finding an endless supply of my favorite cookies in the fridge...!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think she is cheating though because I keep finding an endless supply of my favorite cookies in the fridge...!
    Sounds like my husband. I want to lose weight and he does a few things that make it hard. First, he keeps buying snacks (ones that I like), and second, he cooks all of what he buys at once and looks at me like I can eat what he doesn't (isn't going to happen!). Yes, he does the cooking.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Some of mine's older than I am!
    8 out of 10 of my cameras are older than me :P

I use my collection, I don't just chuck mint cameras into a cupboard somewhere. I prefer cameras that are not mint for just that reason.

I'm going to try and keep my collection at 10. It's funny: I just sold my D1x and the money I got covered the cost of 9 film cameras
    Those who know, shoot film

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin