Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,113   Posts: 1,636,750   Online: 1222

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

From know-nothing to $1k per week pro in 30 days!

Or so this guy says... I was wondering whether I find this funny, insulting, or disturbing, and I realised that it's all 3. Funny, because it just seems quite absurd. I guess anyone can learn to use a camera and get a feel for rule-of-thirds basic composition pretty quickly, but a successful pro? Maybe I just suck, but it seems a lot harder for me to make quality negatives AND print them, than this guy makes it sound. :rolleyes: I find it insulting, not so much to myself but to the people who actually put in the time, effort, and expense in setting up shots, learning to print, and WORK at making good images, not just snapping away and hoping to get lucky. Disturbing, because I know it won't just be people like the guy-who-complained-to-computer-retailer-because-the-system-had-icons-and-he-was-protestant guy, but also otherwise intelligent people wanting to learn. I recall I had that feeling buying a lotto ticket the other week... I was so sure about those numbers, too...

Any other opinions?

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't have even gone to that website...let alone watch the dribble spurt out of his mouth.

drew

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    He sure didn't look successful to me! Wouldn't you want to spend your money with someone who looked as successful as you wanted to be?
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think my favorite part is where he says:

"I don't have any natural ability as an artist or photographer"

The set decorations are nice too .

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought his last book " How to turn $1,000,000 of real estate into $25 cash". It wasn't very good either....lol

Bob

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I simply must have the names of his tailor and hair stylist. And don't you just love the late 19th Century brothel decor of his swinging bachelor pad?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This guy may be less than convincing (and I don't think I even saw a link to send off for details of his wonder method) BUT ...

... anyone out there who has ever worked as a photographer on a cruise ship? I haven't, but from what I hear, "training" of inexperienced recruits proceeds at a pretty fast tempo, featuring cameras with taped-over stop, speed and focus settings, etc. and a "magic" flashgun with diffuser which is used for all shots (on 35 mm color neg.). It's impossible to say how long it takes to become a photographer (all your life?) but you can certainly learn to produce usable results under closely defined working conditions within a surprisingly short time - a couple of weeks would be ample. Same applies to papparazzo!

Regards,

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds all too much like those bad show gatherings (whats the word Im looking for) of how the host tells everyone how to make a million dollars. All you have to do is host a show yourself on how to make a million dollars and keep all the money from the people that came and paid to see you talk drivel. Maybe I should host a show on how to be a pro photographer in 30 days and thats how I'll make my million bucks. I mean what do I know..., but its got to be more then him and his book :P
    Last edited by braxus; 04-26-2007 at 11:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    These sort of books are everywhere for everything.It's just a get-rich-quick scheme. The best thing to do is ignore it because the people who actually buy it won't be making one thousand a week, they'll be sitting there wondering why they paid for some expensive kindling.
    By the sea is where I'll make my living.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's faster & easier to go from $1K/wk to know-nothing in my experience.
    Expletive Deleted!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin