Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,671   Online: 1176

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    In London, we have Aperture which is a combined vintage camera shop and café.
    Yes, I was there once, about two years ago, looking for a Nikkor 85/1.4, but didn't have time enough for a cup of coffee.

Nice place BTW.

Cheers,
    Alfonso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After spending more than twenty years of my life working in camera stores, I went into one (part of the biggest groups in the country) recently , not having been in one for a couple of years, and was quite shocked to find there was very little that they sold that I recognized, with the exception of tripods and camera bags and remember feeling relieved that I retired two years ago, and have no need to know anything about digital photography, I have no patience or inclination at my time of life to get my head round photography all over again, since you could fill several books with what I still don't know about film photography.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 06-01-2007 at 06:18 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: missed word
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately, I live in a small town with no camera shop. I just got into the darkroom process, (I'm 18) and I have no one to talk to. So it's nice being able to have APUG as my mentor. I'm just glad that the city I'm moving to for College has a photo store that still supplies quite a large dark room inventory. The owner is really nice too. He 's helped me out a few times in purchasing items.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin