Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,746   Online: 855

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I love the BBC but...

Anyone seen this page
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/6742087.stm ?

I'm just an amateur but how does this sort of thing affect jobbbing photojournalists etc. ? Given the conditions statement at the end i.e;

In contributing to BBC News you agree to grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to publish and otherwise use the material in any way that we want, and in any media worldwide..............It's important to note, however, that you still own the copyright to everything you contribute to BBC News and that if your image and/or video is accepted, we will endeavour to publish your name alongside it on the BBC News website. Please note that due to operational reasons this accreditation will probably not be possible with video. The BBC cannot guarantee that all pictures and/or video will be used and we reserve the right to edit your comments.

It could be seen as a way of encouraging talent OR a way of getting content on the cheap.

Any views ?

Cheers CJB
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Auntie is notorious for this. If I recall aright, they only just (and grudgingly) added the bit about the author retaining copyright.

But EVERYONE does rights grabs these bays. Look at 99 per cent of web sites.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It’s just another of their periodic trawl for free pictures. The pity is that so many people fall for it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice camera at top right of the linked page though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin