Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,984   Online: 684

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by nc5p View Post
    . . . laws that aren't even on the books . . .
    Famously, ignorance of the law is no excuse, and this is normally used to justify prosecuting those who didn't know they were breaking the law.

But it can also be used against those who try to enforce 'laws' that don't exist. You can have them for false imprisonment and indeed possibly assault. And indeed unlawful dismissal (some of the teacher stories). It might be worth trying...

In the USA there's the ACLU; I don't know of similar organizations elsewhere but I assume they exist.

Cheers,

Roger (LL.B.!)
    Last edited by Roger Hicks; 06-24-2007 at 05:09 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Afterthought

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by copake_ham View Post
    Has anyone seen a follow up post by the OP?
    WHO?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    WHO?
    Poor old bogeyes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka View Post
    In our community the various neighborhood pools have a recreational swimming league during the summer months. I was the "official team photographer" with the assignment of creating a slide show (told you it was a long time ago) at the season ending team banquet. The age groups were 5 and under to 15-18 years old, both boys and girls. I had a great deal of fun doing this. With all the attention paid to child predators and other unsavory folk, I don't think they take pictures of the swim meets anymore. Too bad, lots of childhood memories lost to PC.
    We're in a similar (but larger) league, and we have a couple of "semi-official" photographers. We also encourage all of the parents to take photos of their own kids and others and submit them for our (digital) slide show at the awards banquet. We even have the occasional daily/weekly newspaper photographer show up, and no one complains. A sporting event without parents carrying still/video cameras would be bizarre.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    We're in a similar (but larger) league, and we have a couple of "semi-official" photographers. We also encourage all of the parents to take photos of their own kids and others and submit them for our (digital) slide show at the awards banquet. We even have the occasional daily/weekly newspaper photographer show up, and no one complains. A sporting event without parents carrying still/video cameras would be bizarre.
    Moose,

You're bringing a point of sanity into this bizarre thread of rant?

How dare you! It's like giving folks here a dose of reality treatment. Someone might have a breakdown or something worse! :o

BTW: thanks,

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin