Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,752   Posts: 1,670,714   Online: 853

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joel dallenbach View Post
    Have you had any experience with this? I suppose having connections and insiders may be proper protocall.... Are you a sercurity guard there? Maybe security is tighter now. But it seems pretty easy to walk in with a portfolio to any of those buildings. Perhaps making a demand could attract security guards. However work that demands these galleries attention will eliminate need for standard proceedures. It's just a theory, but in the same way a sold out concert is never really sold out, the concept of coming in off the street and getting gallery representation is ....
    Joel I've had some experience with this, you just don't walk into a gallery and expect them to look at your work. You first need to see what type of work they represent, many galleries have a very distinctive POV and if you walk in and show them work that does not relate to what they are interested in they will feel like you're wasting their time. After you find a gallery that shows work that is consistent with yours, call them. They will most probably want you to drop off your work and pick it up the next day. If they like it, they'll call you. That's how it works.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    early, your right, but so many times it seems that having a book of photographs with you when purusing galleries might expidite measures and or save postage. I've always felt somewhat naive when asked if I had anything with me I could show. Funny new york is like a magnet that repulses. I aways want to leave that place when I get there, mostly to focus on generating work. But when I get back to Denver, it's very easy to lose focus and waste time. If I don't go outside I can imagine that there's a subway and a hip record store just outside, Seas of people ideas energy. But in colorado, there's just too much sun and blue skies. Today some cloud cover, and the last few nights glorious pollution. Sorry, seem to have slipped off subject. It doesn't matter where the is made. I think I was riffin on what David said about Kutspah. Depends on who it is. Your right about context. I would imagine though that a gallery which is primarily into macro earthworm photographs, well, let's not think about them. Specialization is suspect.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    My attitude is worse, but it's getting better everytime I log off line, whoops.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin