Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,005   Online: 773

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most security people are sitting around bored, with not much happening, so questioning photographers makes them feel like they are doing something productive.
    It can be a good idea to carry a small picture album with examples of your work. I use the cheap, plastic 4x6" $2 albums that you can buy from Big W, Target etc. Put in prints that show the end results of the sort of pics that security types are likely to be questioning you about, eg industrial architecture, people on the street etc. So when they are expressing suspicion at why anyone would want to be in that place taking photos you can bring out the examples of what you make from it. I think that some of these people really don't understand that some of us take photos for personal reasons. They think photography has to be for a specific purpose, ie you are a news photographer, or you're planning to put up a new building or whatever. It's important to try to get through to them that what we are doing is OK.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    they kept asking me if i was working for Greenpeace..... didn't realise that Greenpeace had a thing against treacle....... w

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Treacle is made from melted whales. Didn't you know that?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    erk, no i didn't.... that means... no more jam roly poly....<sob>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin