Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,389   Online: 783

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to have a Voigtlander Vito I. But that died. Now I don't have an "everyday" camera. But I need to get one. Maybe a Minox 35 or something like that.

My daily users are my F80, my FT2 and my ETRsi. Depends on where I am going. If I am heading out on a hike, the FT2 comes along for sheer durability and unbreakableness. For street I like the F80 or the ETRsi. IDEALLY I like to take the ETRsi whenever I can since I get so much more real estate out of it.

Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's the attraction of the Perkeo--6x6 in a package smaller than most 35mm rangefinders. I've seen pictures of a late version that actually includes a coupled rangefinder, but I haven't seen an actual example for sale.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    I mentioned my fanny pack mini system in the 'missed opportunities' thread but I also like to grab my old Nikon F Photomic with a 35 to 105 zoom. It ain't small or light but it can be tossed over a shoulder, is pretty versatile in case I run across something unexpected and is just a totally stylin' rig.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My biggest gripe is that all the shots I can envision seem to need more than the usual XXmm lenses that you get on most compact cameras.

Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Images
    The rule is that no matter what equipment you bring with you, you are certain to run across the perfect, once-in-a-lifetime shot for the single piece that you left in drawer at home.

You'll find it listed as "Flotsam's Law" in the Focal Encyclopedia.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't bring a camera with me on an everyday basis, as it is frowned upon for security (and safety) reasons where I work.

But when I do bring a camera, it's likely to be a Perkeo II, or a Zeiss Ikon, or a Zenobia. Medium format folders all...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

David,

What's the lens like on that Perkeo? Never heard of one till today. Looks interesting and affordable MF camera.

I bought a Contax T3 for Xmas which has the sharpest lens I've ever had personally. Very pocketable and great for travel.

Chris

David, did you get my email request for the traveling portfolio?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The basic these days is either a d* (for family events, etc) or the Nikon F with 35mm or 24mm lens (if I think it's going to be reasonably scenic), based upon compactness considerations. I keep a Kodak Tourist II with Tri-X in the desk at work. I love the F, but pocketable it's not, and if you add lenses your pockets start to get kind of bulky.

I suppose I could put a flash-bracket on my B&J 5x7, and keep it around the office instead of the tourist, but I haven't seen much at work recently that needed that big a negative.

JDG

Ricoh Gr1v - because its small and light and I'm very lazy....and its got a great 28mm lens.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin