Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,960   Posts: 1,558,270   Online: 942

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Chrisl: I don't think I got your email request. Did I email you back? If not, send your info to brian@apug.org, and we can take it from there.

The Perkeo II came with a Color-Skopar lens--a coated Tessar type. Nice basic lens. It's as sharp as anything stopped down and is usable wide open. There are also some with the three-element Vaskar, which isn't as good, but is usually less expensive.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Thanks for that information David. The camera definetly has a certain "cool" factor!

Like David I'm sort of a "kit" person. My "main" system is a 4x5 field camera. I use it for landscape, nature and some architectural photography. My secondary system is MF (6x6). I use it for close-up, nature and landscapes. My third system is 35mm and it is used primarily for macro work though I have a range of lenses and do occasionally use it for nature and landscapes also. In addition I have a Moscow 5 folder, recently acquired, that has become my "take everywhere" camera.

The 4x5 pack has the camera, 3 lenses, 5 film holders, Polaroid holder, a box of Readyloads, darkcloth, meter, loupe, several filters, spanner and misc. supplies (lens cloth, cable release, notebook, pencil, etc.) All up it weighs about 40-45 pounds.

The 2/14 pack has the camera 4 lenses, 1.4x teleconverter, 2 backs, prism finder, waist level finder, a few filters, flash and accessories (cable release, notebook, pencil, lens cloth, plastic covers in case of rain). This one also weighs in at over 40 pounds.

I use the same tripod (Bogen 3021 with 3030 head) for both systems.

The 35mm bag has 2 bodies, 4 lenses, several filters, flash and accessories (cable release, lens cloth, notebook, pencil). This one only weighs about 12 pounds!

Depending upon my intended subject for the day I pick the system that best fits. If I don't have a particular subject in mind I'm likely to take the MF gear.

Horses for courses I guess.

Sherman

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's a discussion under MF called "folders, folders, folders" and so on. Lots of odes to old folders, for those who want more.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Jan 30 2003, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>simply said, I LOVE MY MAMIYA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33 ;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

son can have the damn digital</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    I am not sure which mamiya Aggie loves, but the mamiya i love and am seldom without is the mamiya 6 with a 50mm lens attached (i do carry the 75 and 150 but don&#39;t use them much). I would love to work as freely with my 4x5 and wish that a 6x9 was available that was as manageable, but I guess it is a good trade off a though aspect ratio coupled with a beautifully usable camera.
    <center>
    Shot with the 150mm whilst waiting for the brighton train at hayward heath station</center>

Hello

Usually I carry a

[*]Vivitar ViviCam 3500 Digital camera in a black pouch belt holster.

This can change at any time and a film camera can take its place.
    <span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>Pertaining to cameras-"Love the one your with."</span></span></span>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For everyday use when walking through town: a tiny Minox ML as you never know what you might find in the way of photographic inspiration on an average woking day.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually carry my cameras in the car trunk in a couple of modified roller tool boxes. One contains my Nikon with 28mm, 50, 85, and 135mm primes, in its own bag, a Mamiya TLR, pair of Holgas and various tools and gizmos as well as extra film for the outing. The other contains my Calumet 4x5 and Commercial View 8x10 and lenses, dark cloth, filters, loupe, spot meter and film holders. If nothing else, I will leave the LF stuff at home and take the nikon or holgas in the car always.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually cary a Rollei 35s or a Zeiss Ikonta 6x6 folder. If space is really a problem, like when I&#39;m out with friends and don&#39;t actually want to carry a camera with me but do anyway, it is usually a cannon elph 2 aps.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is intentional art - I bring the biiiig kit (4x5 and ALL the stuff that goes with it) Or the portrait kit - the Rollei SL66 and collection of Zeiss Lenses // accidental art - there is a TLR in the jeep that can take good enough to frame photos if I do my job. // And then there is the quickie capture that is never intended to go bigger than 5x7 print. That would be the Contax RTS and the collection of Zeiss lenses //

Then there is where only a pocket camera will do. The Rollei 16. Zeiss Tessar (25mm) - 16mm format - adjustable focus and auto exposure with NO BATTERY. It uses quaint little flash bulbs &#036;1 each and no longer made and is really fun to use (like James Bond) -- the Minolta 16 II is even more compact and the Rokkor lens is superb but it is fixed focus - so you get what you get. - either way - it is fun - and sometimes the grainly little suckers maker really cool images - at no bigger than 5x7. - Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin