Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,523   Online: 844

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What I'd love would be to hike the mountain trails in Europe. Alps. The Spanish mountain range. All of them. Money no object? So does that mean a helicopter to carry the film would be okay?-))

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would photograph waterfalls of the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I would enjoy making portraits of the famous and powerful such as the work done by Arnold Newman.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A week or more ineach of all the great cities of the world (great and large not being equal) followed by six months to a year cataloging and writing supportive prose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcallow @ Feb 11 2003, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>A week or more in each of all the great cities of the world (great and large not being equal) followed by six months&nbsp; to&nbsp; a year cataloging and writing supportive prose.</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Haveing some writing skill would also be nice

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Interesting that everyone wants to go off to some distant and unknown place. In creative writing classes one often starts from the principle, "write what you know," and I think many of the best visual works are made on that principle as well. There was more to Weston&#39;s famous statement about not photographing anything more than 100 yards from the car than not wanting to lug the big camera around. His best photographs are of people he knew, stuff around the house, and landscapes that he visited repeatedly. I think I&#39;d like more time to think about stuff around the house. One of my favorite photographs is of a paper grocery bag by Abelardo Morell.

On the other hand, I sometimes photograph things I don&#39;t know as a way of getting to know them. I started photographing birds in the city because I had long heard that New York was an interesting birding spot and felt I should learn a little more about the natural history of my immediate surroundings. I guess that is a combination of staying within 100 yards of the (subway) car and photographing something I don&#39;t quite feel that I know.

My wife grew up in Hawai&#39;i, and I&#39;ve been there twice, and I&#39;d like to do more photography there. I felt I did some productive work on Moloka&#39;i last summer (which can be seen in the Traveling Portfolio, by the way) and would like to develop that into a longer project.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've spent a lot of time photographing what I know. things and people around me. I've literally NEVER travelled for photography. Or travelled at all.

Money and time being no object, I would like to travel anywhere old or ancient and photograph what I see. Or rather, who I see in those places.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have been a nomad for the last 14 years. I find travelling makes you more aware, more open, more accomodating - especially in relation to what is closest to you, currently. You appreciate the things nearest you when you have been travelling. It opens my "internal" eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheryl, this may sound strange, but you live within a days drive of some very old and ancient areas in the four corners region. I for one would like to see what you would come back with from the area, some of the Native Americans from the region would make great subjects for your work...Don't think that is what you meant, but sometimes, you just get to look in the backyard for the best subjects. Keep telling myself that, now just time to go find the images.
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin