Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,831   Posts: 1,582,290   Online: 1027

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Boy am I in trouble.

Fagrash is in Rumania.

Sorry for the goof.

PE
    Yes -- this week. But in the Karpathy, quite a lot is Transylvania, historical Hungarian territory (Hungary was really bad at choosing sides in WW1 and WW2). Can't find Fagrash myself, but as previous posts have indicated, my Balkan geography is not what it might be.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Iskra 2 View Post
    .....until the world economies stop "rewarding" China why would they change? Evidently communism is good now, the FSU must have done it differently? Regards.
    AS you have USA form capitalism, European form of capitalism, Scandinavian form of capitalism, there was also USSR form of communism, Cuban form of communism, etc... and (former) Yugoslavian communism.

My preferences would be (by informations and experiences I have): Scandinavian capitalism, European capitalism (or vice versa), Yugoslavian communism. Rest I don't like at all. USSR and Cuban communism because of oppression and dictatorship, USA capitalism because of economy liberalism, values and hypocrism.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Yes -- this week. But in the Karpathy, quite a lot is Transylvania, historical Hungarian territory (Hungary was really bad at choosing sides in WW1 and WW2). Can't find Fagrash myself, but as previous posts have indicated, my Balkan geography is not what it might be.
    And having in mind how often Balkan political geography is changed, we who live here don't get it completely too
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Hicks View Post
    Point well taken -- where, indeed, do you stop -- but the difference is, they're cleaning up their old factories, not building new ones. And politically, they're now light years ahead of China.
    Did you care about the news of what happened to the world's largest nuclear power plant Kriwa-Kashiwazaki in Japan after the big earthquake back in July? That could've been the worst nuclear disaster in history.

This is not only because of the deficits found in the technological aspect, but the actual mis-handling of that monster and the thing that the government keeps poundering with the word "safety" everyday also. It's like cult.

Now Japan as one of the most advance nations is like this over the control of this death-threatening device, and you said it it's light years ahead of China. Then I really wonder what is going on in China's nuclear energy scene. :o

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, I did hear about it (I assume 'care' was a mistype for 'hear' -- anyone who heard about it would surely care).

Well, I did say politically light years ahead. But I strongly suspect that nuclear power in China is pretty primitive as well. Building nuclear reactors in earthquake zones is always a bit interesting, though: I used to live about 30 miles from one in California.
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin