Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,194   Online: 1001

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to use the binders but didn't like how things got squashed and slide out. The pages the negs were in had slots at the top for a little hager bar so I got a pile of them and hang them in some file cabinets like hanging files. Access is very easy and my numbering system is based on the year and roll number so I at least can track down a picture if I remember when I shot it. I have four drawers full of hanging pages now and growing.
    Gary Beasley

First, I don't make my living with my photography so not every picture needs to say anything.

That being said, I do try to take "good" pictures as well as "snapshots". What the pictures are trying to say really depends on what it is. I try to capture whatever the mood is. If it is kids sports, I try to capture the action, excitement, drama. If it is nature, I'm usually going for peacefulness. It really depends on what the subject is.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Beyond the computerized database I keep which is another whole topic, I keep my negs and chromes in binders. For negs I have them all in those spiffy neg pages and then I put a contact sheet right after it. On the contact sheet for MF and LF I put any printing instruction on the back of the neg pic for future reference.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

I ask because I have recently converted from "sheet films in a shoebox" to a nice archived system with computer database. But I have hundreds of thousands of rolls in binders from years past, and I just have no idea how to orgainze them. It's different than when you first start out because anything complicated will take me forever to do.

I guess this should be its own thread, but I appreciate all comments.

dgh

David G Hall

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin