Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,327   Online: 907

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laverdure View Post
    It's hardly Nazi propaganda. If the Iranians need some new reason to destroy the USA I'm sure they can find something better than this. Intimations of rape are nothing new in fashion photography. In fact, I don't think there's much of anything new about this.
    Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was anything like Nazi propaganda -- only it as well crafted as some of that propaganda, yet with a negative purpose. But I do think that anti-women material is as bad as anti-Semitic and racist material. On a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the worst, this only rates about a 7 or an 8...definitely not the worst out there.

What does "newness" have to do with it? Racism has been with us a long time, too, but I don't see much of that in advertizing anymore. Someday such crapola will be socially unacceptable...but not because some "like it" or saythat it has always existed in advertising.

Vaughn

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Lets see:
    Objectifies women
    The US is evil
    Anti – War
    Nudity to sell a product
    Simulated sex/rape to appeal to the prurient interests fringes
    Drunk Americans reveling in arrogance
    They missed burning a flag and having sex on money
    Pretty much “The Filthy Americans”, stereotype again.

It looks like an advertising agency campaign aimed at a high-income class for an ego trip.

One look at the credit page leads you to believe this spread cost a fortune to produce. Too bad the manufacturer didn’t spend the money on improving working conditions on their sewing floors or for raises for their employees running the sewing machines. I guess the working class folks don’t buy high fashion?

What is most interesting is that it is a digital shoot heavily worked over in PhotoShop without comments? I’m glad they weren’t selling digital cameras!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm View Post
    copake, you are without a doubt one of the most nonsensical people Ive had the luxury of "reading" online.
    Or maybe you lack a global perspective?

Watch Myanmar - next test of the Regime Change model.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    ...context, proportion, relevance all come to mind.
    Actually, JD, it hits all three.

The world model is changing very rapidly.

You apparently are not aware of how Iran's President was "dealt" with during this week's UNGA meeting.

Yahoos, aside, Bollinger at Columbia invited him to speak and amidsts the protests, he skewered the man. It was a clear signal that the liberal US mind has no greater interest in this clown's survival than do the "hang him high" conservatives!

As post up above notes - the current "test run" is Myanmar. Lead was taken by UK and Germany day before yesterday when they indicated support for Bhuddist monk's protests. It was reported on the Bloomberg.com website.

Today, the US, via Bush, announced its support for Regime Change in Myanmar while speaking at UNGA.

I have doubts this alone will be successful (see post in Lounge thread); but events are now unfolding fast.

BTW, did you not know that the Israelis blasted a Syrian nuke facility the week before last? It was done with direct and indirect intelligence support from US and France. Did you think that France's hi-res photo satellites were just being used by Google to show you how to get home?

I figure Iran has about two months left to figure out where it is going. There are now full page ads here in the NY Times calling for an outright air attack. Hopefully these folks will not prevail - but Bush and the Republicans are getting desperate - we're on the cusp of an economic recession and a foreign threat is a potential salvation.

Watch the Fed. If they lower rates again then they've abandoned inflation control. It will mean either or both regarding boosting the US domestic economy and further financing a war with Iran.

This isn't a game - it's reality.

Note: saying this does not mean I'm in favor of it.
    Last edited by copake_ham; 09-25-2007 at 09:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin