Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,846   Online: 962

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: shoot to kill?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SteveGangi @ Feb 28 2003, 07:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>"Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry...
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Thanks, Steve.

This a frightening quote - I believe it accurately describes the situation we face today.

Reminds me of another - at times the "trite" quotes&#39; inherent truth shines out:

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself".

I saw a bumper sticker the other day: "God Bless America". One of the things I can do (See Lysistrata on 03/03/2003) is pray that we never need one saying,
    "God Forgive America."
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Amongst the cornfields & rednecks of central Indiana
    Heres one:

"Those who give up liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Feb 27 2003, 09:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> OR Steve you can defuse it before it ever happens. Go straight to the guards to begin with, open your bag and calmly let them see what you have and hand them if they complain, the print out of the law. Calmly stand there while they read it, and then take your equipment and go ahead and shoot your pictures. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    You think security guards become security guards because they are knowledgable about the law and are literate? Woah.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just made a mental note and BURNED it into my memory:

To self: *DON"T* get Aggie ticked off at self.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never get Aggie angry.... Before they were Danes, they called themselves Vikings and they terrorized the rest of us. <giggle>

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SteveGangi @ Apr 28 2003, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Never get Aggie angry.... Before they were Danes, they called themselves Vikings and they terrorized the rest of us.&nbsp; <giggle></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    They still do ... at least ONE of them.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

I&#39;m hoping to knock together some "Photography Law Cards" soon, with all the relevant acts for photographers in the UK to stop the amount of hassle that security guards and cops give photographers going about their business.

as to that Caesar quote-- Urban Legend. GOTO-
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/caesar.htm
    Grain- it's a three dimensional problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (glewis @ May 1 2003, 04:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>as to that Caesar quote-- Urban Legend. GOTO-
    http://www.snopes.com/quotes/caesar.htm</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    I&#39;ve been there.... One thing to keep in mind is the difficulty in trying to prove a negative fact. The writers there keep stressing the idea that they *could not find* a reference to Julius Ceaser having said that ... athough "It certainly SEEMS as something that he would have said." That is faint proof that it was, in fact, never said.

They have been studying "official" quotations ... It is very possible that one of the recorders of the day wrote that ... and they have not been "prominent" enough to have been drawn to the public eye lately.

Whether authentic or not ... it is undeniably "food for thought".
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin