Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,372   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: shoot to kill?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if it is a true or verified quote, but the words still are close enough to the truth. They are more than a little unsettling and could be attributed to any warmongering tyrant who comes along. In one form or another, it is exactly what they all do.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just heard this one:

"How fortunate it is for governments that the people do not think."

- Adolph Hitler, 1939

From the History Channel program of 1 May, 2003

Let us, as photographers, try to do one thing - Induce those who view our work to THINK - as well as feel.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ed Sukach @ May 2 2003, 04:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Let us, as photographers, try to do one thing - Induce those who view our work to THINK - as well as feel. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    I totally agree with this statement. I have always believed that a good honest still photograph of a given situation is far more powerful than both moving pictures or spoken words.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

This week the local paper had a short piece on the Dee Brown case. Brown is a former Raptor player. I think currently working in the front office of the Magic. A few years back he was pulled over. The officer claimed he had good reason to pull him over and it wasn&#39;t because he was a young black man in an expensive car. Well turns out when he found out who he&#39;d pulled over and that it was going to court the officer embellished his notes. The defense lawyer was able to prove this and the appeals court upheld it. The scary part was when he was questioned about it.

The lawyer was asked something like this " So this is a good thing. The police won&#39;t do this again?"

Lawyer " No they&#39;ll just figure out a better way to cover it up"

The fact you are within your rights doesn&#39;t mean much. Never really did. The question is how much hassle are you willing to put up with? In the end even if you are cleared many will believe you got off on a loop hole.

The point about asking permission? I&#39;d say never. Asking lets them say no. No is the safe answer. If they come over to hassle you just be nice and smile. Odds are they&#39;ll think you&#39;re not worth ruining a good coffee break over.

I found the post about the cops targetting photographers at demos interesting. Here they tend to love them. Gives them photos and videotape to seize later and use in court.

</span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert @ May 2 2003, 09:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I found the post about the cops targetting photographers at demos interesting. Here they tend to love them. Gives them photos and videotape to seize later and use in court. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Ah, but if you have independent photographers, they will show the truth. Much better to have a police photographer come and cover up the truth.

What I&#39;ve seen distinctly over the last few years is a scaling down in the rights of the independent amateur photographer. We should have the right to photograph ANYTHING happenning in public. After all, all we are doing is opening a small door and letting reality come inside...

(Sorry, it&#39;s impossible to do any type of law course and still have a shred of respect left for the police at the end of it...)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin