Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,722   Online: 970

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ansel Liebowitz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I have finally found my place, among people who think more like me. It would not be that bad (but still bad enough) if they practiced what they preach, but they don't. The hypocrisy really gripes me. I'm still ticked at Rob Ryner and his cigarette tax "for the children". Near as I can tell, no children got anything; he just doesn't approve of smoking. I think the resort should go right directly under the Hollywood sign, it should drain down into the film studio or one of their mansions, and I have chickens so i can supply all the chicken s__t you need for the ski runs - not that you'll need any in Hollywood Maybe it's a good thing I don't have to work in the film biz, it would be too hard to bite my tongue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Didn't I read something somewhere about a photographer who continued working even after going blind? Of course, his assistants had to set up the shoot, focus, set exposure, load film, put the cable release in the master's hand - but he was still being credited as the photographer...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SteveGangi @ Mar 9 2003, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I think I have finally found my place, among people who think more like me.&nbsp; It would not be that bad (but still bad enough) if they practiced what they preach, but they don&#39;t.&nbsp; The hypocrisy really gripes me. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Hypocrisy irritates the hell out of me, too ... but that is the way this government is - FULL of idiots, crackpots, hypocrites, stupidos ... and wonderfullly intelligent, honest people - who might just be Garbage Collectors as well as Supreme Court Justices.

I guess it is a lousy system... but ... what else?

I just saw a bio of Robert Redford on the Biography channel. Whether I agree or disagree with him, I have to admire his ba ... uh, guts ... *SISU* when he stands so firmly for what he believes.
    We should all be so firm in our principles.

Quote:

"Liberty is a boisterous sea. Timid men prefer the calm of despotism."

- Thomas Jefferson

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hoorah Aggie... I would have stepped in to sing the chorus to your hymn (and it was beautiful, seriously) but you carried the day.

I think that in our collaborative effort, Aggie, that a designation of areas of interest and strength need to be established. You handle the overinflated egos of the aspiring human beings (movie stars) and I will take on the politicians that will never even get to the point of aspiration.

What do you think? Will this work?
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Mar 10 2003, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> One of his daughters even dated my nephew for a while.&nbsp; In the 70&#39;s he was the one responsible forOhhh Robert Redford hits a sour note with this fat lady&#33;&nbsp; I know him.&nbsp; not allowing a coal fired power plant on the kapowerwits (SP) plateau.&nbsp; All due to his celebrityhood. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Telling arguments, Aggie. I did not say that I agreed with Redford and his views, but he worked hard for what he believed. A test of reality, for me, would be to consider the alternatives: Are we to somehow limit a "dedication" to a cause according to some sort of scale that measures "celebrity"?
    And, if so, how are we to separate the "celebrities" from the "politicians" - and
    what would - or should - we have done with a celebrity - turned politician?

I am familiar with what I consider to be "misguided" crusades. Some time ago I toured the local Atomic Power plant (Seabrook, NH) with a good friend - and fellow pistol target shooter. He was the author of the report on Three Mile Island, written for the Nuclear Regulatory Commision - and the engineering *realities* at Seabrook are so far from the propaganda of the "Antis" as to make one&#39;s eyes water.

All we can do is to do all we can. I have defended Seabrook among trying situations, and sufferd the catcalls and hoots of those who will not listen to any viewpoint that even slightly deviates from their own. Our duty as citizens is to make sure that everyone has the chance to be heard.

Let me guess - the real "one-sided-ness" came not from "celebrity" but from unbalanced and prejudicial media coverage.... yes? - no?

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ Mar 10 2003, 03:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I do not tolerate knee jerk reactions based on an uneducated viewpoint.&nbsp; That is me though.&nbsp;

...&nbsp; I wish they had a party in this country called the realist party.&nbsp; I personally think and this is my opinion, that the best president for this country would be: An older jewish mother that has had to budget every last penny, and holds discussions in her kitchen... </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Way to go, Aggie. I&#39;ll be the first to join your "Realist" Party&#33;&#33;

Come to think of it ... wasn&#39;t there a Realist camera?

I *like* the comments about your "Jewish Mother". Are you familiar with Aristophanes&#39; "Lysistrata"? That play was performed in 1,049 locations around the globe on March 3 in protest of the looming Iraqi war.

The only difference was that the mothers were Greek (ca. 411 BCE) instead of Jewish.

I had two parts: "Magistrate" and "Athenian Delegate", here in Ipswich.

Those Greeks were a **lively** bunch&#33;&#33;

Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin