Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,562   Posts: 1,573,326   Online: 1024

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ansel Liebowitz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BUMP

Back when things were still a bit more fun and no one was so serious!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The problem is that a lot of people assume to many things about other people instead of concentrating on making beautiful photographs instead. Is it me or is anybody else finding this kind of self-rationalising behaviour too tedious?
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Francesco, have you ever been to one of your wife's girl type parties? We call them various things over here, tea party, Hen party, Coffoe klatches, etc. Maybe more updated versions of those themes. Anyway what this is about is it may start out at the party wiht a subject matter to be discussed, by the end of the time, I bet they have solutions to why puppies have bad breath and where to find the best breast milk pumps. People tend to wander. They like to talk. It is called stream of conciousness. Basically if we didn't have ways of communicating besides just photography we would soon not care to communicate at all. Have fun and if you find a good solution to fleas on cats, let me know.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nailed it Francesco...what is all this ****?

Must be the full moon thing...the whole world was strange yesterday..
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol..... all my deleted posts mostly dealt with Bandini mountain. It was a mythical mountain persented to the Southern California denizens in the early 80's. a fertilizer company had created a mountain of sh** They had commercials of men (not women) skiing down it.

This sh** is just for fun. sit back and laugh. Write a new chapter to ansel Liebowitz. Have a drink, and enjoy the trip down the mountain.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    there was a reason I stay out of the "Ethics and Philosophy" forum... todays postings have reconfirmed my choice

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [size=6]Michael, You're Fired[/size]

You left out the part where after all the prep they have 11.2 minutes with Sean Penn looking very rugged in front of the out-of-focus background before he's whisked off back to his house in Ross, to say nothing of the crop-in on the final cover and the title and blurb text that covers everything other than Sean's haunted, piercing expression.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

I'm so sorry.

I wrote this a year ago and I was just young and immature then.

Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    The problem is that a lot of people assume to many things about other people instead of concentrating on making beautiful photographs instead. Is it me or is anybody else finding this kind of self-rationalising behaviour too tedious?
    Francesco,

I intend this to be my last post on Apug.

I think that you are quite accurate in your observation. The attempt to "bump" this thread and then rationalize it as "stream of consciousness" is indicative to me of the level of functioning that some seem to operate at.

There is one thing that exists in overwhelming abundance on Apug, in my observation, that one thing is egotism. When egotism exists at this level then there can be no fellowship. Fellowship requires a group of equals. This does not exist on this site at this time. I hope for the sake of all that someday it will return.

I have had others privately ask me not to leave. I am sorry I can not in good conscience entertain that possibility. As my good friend Geo Losse told me awhile back, and I paraphrase...live your life as if it were a play and choose very carefully who you place in the front row of the audience. I will take that guidance to heart.

Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know what's missing here?

A sense of humor. Good grief. Laugh a little now and then, would you? It's fun, once you get the hang of it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin