Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,599   Online: 979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

if you post pics here please read and comment

alot of pics get posted here and i will comment on the ones i really like.occasionally i see one that i find i need to own and hang here at the house.my question is what are the ethics of asking to buy a print seen posted here.i dont have tons of money to throw around and cant buy at gallery prices.i have not asked anyone as of yet because i feel that it is possible they would be insulted.personally i would not.another idea i had although i dont know if it would be possible would be trading pics,say i had one you liked and the opposite,may or may not work but i will put the idea out there.i really would like to know how you would feel if someone asked you about purchasing a print.by the way i am not a right click and save as kinda guy.any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's not a big deal to PM someone and ask if they would sell/trade you a print.
    The worst that can happen is they say no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why would someone be insulted if you asked them about buying a print? Just ask how much they charge, if it's cool with you buy one. If not, don't. I think you might be worrying about nothing. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm always interested in the possibility of trading prints, and have done so with several people here. There is no problem aproaching somebody with a trade or offer. All they can do is say no.

Sweet URL for your website

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    thanks jb,i got lucky i guess.i need to get off my butt and get my site going.i have been lacking in the creativity department for a little while now but apug is really helping me through this dark time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am fascinated now with the idea of trading a print with an individual photographer. In God-knows-how-many years, I have only sold one print, so this is not my main aim and goal. I wouldn't be offended if approached. Not in the least.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think I'd find nothing more satisfying to know that another photographer would wish to put my work on their wall. I think most would feel it as an honor.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd be honoured if someone wanted to buy a print from me.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be honored as well. In fact, the one print I sold that wasn't to a coworker was to someone from APUG. They saw a 4x6 of one of mine and asked for an 11x14 when I did one. Still my proudest moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If any of my work grabs anyone then I would welcome the offer of a trade. This could be a reason to post as many good images as possible.
    Regards,
    John.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin