Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,323   Online: 1075

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    bump....is the excitment fact still around?
    Yup - every time I develope the film and see that there is an image on it. Even after thirty years of experience I still can't take it on faith that my photos will definitely be there - part of an even bigger dilemma in my life that I focus too much on all the variables.

My newest excitement comes from visiting the same locations quite often and once in a while discovering a new image to make. It shows me that I'm progressing with the "vision thing."
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The excitement is knowing, feeling that you have in front of you A shot, A scene which will provoke in you the ceremony of unfolding the field camera, choosing a lens, composing on the ground glass, metering, taking notes, inserting the holder, SHOOTING!!!!! Everything else to follow already preordained. Exciting indeed.
    Francesco

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "One of the greatest "kicks" I've ever experienced was watching the emulsion of Verichrome (the original orthochromatic Verichrome) gradually dissolve into negative images in a tray of Microdol."

I agree with Ed but I didn't know anybody else remembered. My parents gave me a Kodak developing kit with a contact printer for christmas when I was 11 yrs old - so that I could afford to see the pictures I had taken with my Brownie six-twenty. After that I was hooked and the excitement remains to this day.
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just today I processed some sheets of film in the JOBO, having to (as I always seem to do) make sure I don't rush anything, but constantly looking at the timer towards the end of the final wash waiting, waiting, and then the best moment for me, inspecting the negatives and still being amazed that my efforts could produce something so magical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me, watching a print come to life in the tray of developer is still magical.
    Brian McDowell

Every day is just like Christmas, without the annoying relatives.

Seeing the image come forth is indeed magic.

The way the chemicals make love to the paper to produce such beauty is a thing of wonder. I guess that's why photographers must employ beautiful music in the darkroom. Without out the music the image may end up being ugly.

The photography process is for me, photographing almost exclusively people, a great deal of fun. I get to be an extrovert and performer for a while to coax out expression and spontaneity. I am high for an hour afterwards.

MIchael MCBlane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin