Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,426   Online: 902

Images
    Didn't know where to put this, so I just decided to place it here. One of the requirements of doing Open Studios in my area is submitting an artist statement. I am planning onj doing the Open Studio thing next year, so I have been trying to work up an artist statement. The problem is, I don't really think of myself as an artist. I have felt that the statements I have seen so far are pretty pretentious. Has anyone done an artist statement? Any tips or examples?

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Go to the after image gallery web site and read a couple of articles he has in the "dealers perspective" section. I hope this link works if not look for them. You will get a pretty good idea.

http://www.afterimagegallery.com/website.htm

BTW you need to scroll down to see the artist stament section.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just write down:
    what photography means to you,
    what and why you photograph
    how you approach your subject
    what you hope to achieve with your photographs.
    Do it in very simple terms.

The reason you do it in simple terms is because you want non artistic types (in other words, just about everyone) to know why photography is important to you. Fuzzy words mean fuzzy concepts. Write f/64.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin