Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,015   Online: 777

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Early in this thread, Michael A. Smith offered to sell copies of his book, "A Visual Journey" at a discount to APUG folks. I took him up on his offer, and I'm very glad that I did.
    I had not previously seen any of Michael's photos, other than on his web site. I like them a lot - and the reproduction in the book is excellent. There is a great deal to be learned from seeing the focusing of his vision - and from reading the essay describing his journey through his photo career.
    I've made it through the book once - I'll closely study it for a long time. I'd recommend it to all who are working on their vision.
    j

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For anyone who hasn't dealt with Michael A. Smith let me tell you that he is one of those very helpful people that you don't find these days. I'm a university student and with the deregulation of tuition costs here in Texas I will be paying $500-600 more for the fall semester than I paid for last spring (same number of semester hours, too). I had asked him if he would hold one his books for two weeks at this lower price until I received my paycheck and he agreed. Before this two weeks was up and I was paid I got my tuition bill and had to email him and let him know that I wouldn't be able to afford the book even though I was very interested. He emailed back and Michael's going to let me pay the book off over the next month while I wait for my financial aid to come in (at my university if you register early for your classes you have to pay about 2-3 weeks before your financial aid comes). So I will let you know what I think of the book when it comes, but I'm already very impressed with Michael as a person.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    So I will let you know what I think of the book when it comes, but I'm already very impressed with Michael as a person.
    The book is very fine, but is as a pale shadow of his actual photographs. Ask him if there's a collection near you where you might see some of his work. You just won't believe it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin