Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,460   Online: 1026

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And (replying to Aggie's post about Spice Girl outfits) don't forget the tiny shirt so the belly button shows

Shooter
    Large Format
    I read somewhere the way to make a small fortune in fine art photography is to start with a large fortune.......

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wait a minute. I thought that was the secret to success as a jazz musician!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveGangi
    And (replying to Aggie's post about Spice Girl outfits) don't forget the tiny shirt so the belly button shows
    I... I....
    I'm lost for words, that's what.

After surviving some rather frightening physical problems which culminated in my suggestion - strongly - that a few Medical Practioners (with and without scalpels and assorted knives) and HMO - Insurance people - attempt an interesting, if impossible (man hasn't yet been able to fly unaided) sexual act with Santa Claus, I started on *MY* Modified European diet. Net result so far (two months) is a loss of 35 pounds (16 Kg) and I'm walking again.... although still afflicted with plantar fasciitis (self-diagnosed and treated).

Give me time ... I'll be happy to wear one of those "belly" shirts - but the moment.... Nah!! I don't think so.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [quote="Ed Sukach.... although still afflicted with plantar fasciitis (self-diagnosed and treated).

[/quote]

Ed

plantar fasciitis .... ! Isn't that a very sharp lens made in the 1930's

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by philldresser
    plantar fasciitis .... ! Isn't that a very sharp lens made in the 1930's
    Hah!!! THAT'S my trouble - a lens in my shoe!!!!

Sharp it is!!! NO fun ... absolutely no fun at all.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    Richness to me is happiness.

I work to afford my photography habit, and do so as a wolf in sheep's clothing. I work in digital prepress, and I shoot MF and LF black and white.

I do sell a handfull of photographs each year, around a dozen or so. I do everything from the hiking to the shot to the framing so my $ costs are not that great, thus I price them accordingly. I've been told I'm selling to cheaply, but I am selling them to sell them. I am not shooting for a collector market, and if someone appreciates my work, I want them to be able to afford it. My pricing does cover the costs involvedand a little more, I just want my photography to pay for itself.

Since this isn't my sole source of income, my pricing doesnot include equip. costs. I leave that to my job, bargin hunting(buy criminally low, and sell at value), upgrading and luck. I started LF with an Anniversary Speed Graphic and 127 Ektar, now a Linhof monorail with a 150 APO Lanthar, 305 G-Claron, and 240/420 Symmar: MF from a Zeiss Nettar to a Veriwide and Hasselblad.

But I have lofty goals. I am planning in the next year to leave my job and move to Boone, NC. There I will finally complete a degree (I'm 34, with two years of college credits) at
    Appalachian State University, in Photography Technology. Then I'll take eight years of digital prepress experience, 20 years of photography, and my sheepskin, wave it in the air, and watch the money rain down! Right?! Isn't that how ya'll did it? I'll be stinking rich then, right? Right?!?
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin