Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,174   Online: 795

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How many of you think we can get rich doing this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not me!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    add me to that list of doubters.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I may not be rich but I'm happy. Lots of rich people aren't.

And no I don't think you really can get rich. The better you get, the more you want to specialize and be more anal you get about every aspect.

Therefore you spend more and more time on one print/neg or a series of prints and that is not a way to get rich. To get rich you must mass produce and it flies in the face of fine art.

Also rich is a relative term. And my relatives arent rich either. Damn.
    (From the line " he got rich the old fashioned way...he inherited it")

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    From GWTTW (paraphased):

Frankly, Thomas - I don't give a damn!

What means this "Rich", anyway? I am doing what *I* want to do ... What I really, really, WANT to do!!

How many others - In whatever social or financial station - can honestly say that?

And I don't - as far as I honestly know - hurt anyone in doing it.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Ed:

One day your head is going to explode with the amount of information you are carrying around.

Just like the Monte Python "wafer thin mint".

One day you're going to absorb one small iota of information and BOOM. That'll be it.

MIchael McBlane

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    i'd love to get rich doing fine art photography. trouble is, i've never been properly introduced to rich. maybe someone out there can help.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had a freind call me today (Commercial shooter) wanting to do what I do, because the money was drying up. Competition tougher, profits lower. The cause he sais is digital. It eliminates a lot of the extranious cost that he makes a profit on. He then explained to me that he has three mouths to feed + his own and needs to augment his studio profits. Personally I agree with Michael and Ed I'm a rich man yet my wallet is usually thin. Just stepping into a fine art mind set and going out to make it profitable seems to me to be an impossible quick transition, But who knows he might pull it off!
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, lets look at the current "famous" photographers....pick a name...and I bet you they are not rich, they might be well off, but certainly not rich. If we count the number of years they have been at it, etc...well anybody can see that becoming a photographer is not going to be the same as winning the lottery.

As the saying goes, pick something you like to do and you will never have to work a day in your life. Somewhat true, I think it should say pick something you like and are talented...

If you are talented eventually you will be rewarded, but the the most important part is that the "doing" itself has its own reward.

So, nope never hope to get rich....but I am happy now...it is more than I could say when I was making lots of money and was miserable.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin