Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,503   Posts: 1,543,422   Online: 865

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Do you know what I am missing in my traditional darkroom?

The EDIT ---> UNDO key !

In my darkroon I must complete each mistake (and I make many of these mistakes) and learn from doing this. Somehow by going through the whole process I seem to learn more about photography than just the original mistake.

I do play now and then with the digital process. I try something quickly then EDIT ---> UNDO , try something else then EDIT ---> UNDO, and keep going until I either get bored or else "fluke onto" something that is interesting and perhaps a keeper.

Trouble is that most times I am not quite sure what I did to get the good results.

Oh well ... I can always EDIT ---> UNDO again on the computer tomorrow or another day when I am bored.

Now if you would excuse me ... I would like to go back to my darkroom and develop some negs I shot yesterday. I am excited about tweaking my N-1 times for these negs as I am pretty sure that from past experience that the "scene brightness ratio" was a bit high and I can hold my subtle highlights to a printable range with proper development.

I recall doing this very thing about a week ago with improved results, but not quite there yet.

Wish me luck. (though practical experience would tell me that it is not luck)

Kind Regards,
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is digital easier? I think the best answer is "it depends". I've seen equally good work using both methods even though my personal bias run strongly to traditional methods.

One thing for sure. Digital is more accessible. Photo.net Photosig, etc are all proof of that. Anyone with a digital cam can shoot and upload within mere minutes of a photoshoot.. they don't even have to look at the photo, and sometimes I think they didn't

Cheers,
    Ian

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf
    Do you know what I am missing in my traditional darkroom?

The EDIT ---> UNDO key !
    Not me. I want a "Redo" button instead. Every once in a while I get a really stunning print, and spend the next month trying to repeat it. A redo button would be great
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin