Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,211   Online: 783

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It just so happens that I have a modern print from one of Klaw's negatives somewhere around here...
    The print is good enough to show all the technical flaws in the photograhy.
    I was surprised at how crappy the photography really was, and how happy Bettie Page looked!

Ed, I think you have found one of the key phrases in "glamour photography": A photographer who will say somehting like that - and a model who will do it
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Anyone see the new issue of Photo Techniques? Bob Shell was testing some softbox. article was full of his typical, really bad "glamour" shots. brought the whole magazine down several rungs in terms of credibility and stature.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As bad as American Photo did when they covered the "portfolio" of Alyssa Milano?

'Cause that one is hard to beat.....

Honestly I think the 1950s, "studio galmour" shots done of both male and female actors to get the standard piublicity shots are amaizng. Especially considering the tools they had. No strobes, just hot lights, the film was apparently less than panchromatic so they used weird make-up colors to make things look "right", flaws were fixed ON the neg.... Very different to today.

I alos would LOVE to do a series where people have that look, but are doing things like making eggs in the morning in a messy kitchen or fixing the plumbing.....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin