Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,684   Online: 902

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Why is it than in forums there are those that take every opportunity to contradict or shower negative comments against photographers they do not like. I am not talking criticism here - it feels like vendetta somehow. And yet those that complain have nothing concrete to show the community of large or small format photographers. I have this view about these people: when all reason fails, the answer is envy, jealousy and inadequacy. It is certainly getting tiring to read threads in other forums where the topic degenerates, I feel, into a fight for validation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco
    - the answer is envy, jealousy and inadequacy. It is certainly getting tiring to read threads in other forums where the topic degenerates, I feel, into a fight for validation.
    And as the Perfessor said, "In ten thousand years, mankind has not changed a bit".

I think I know the example you are talking about Francesco, the one concerning workshops. It is truly a shame and not warranted. I wish Forum Moderators would take a heavier hand and summarily ban those few who are the "usual suspects". Let those "usual suspects" cry/whine all they want to but make it emphatically clear that their inappropriate behavior is not tolerated. Just my opinion of course.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As has been stated before "Those who know do not say. Those who say do not know".

Or as it applies to photography...it is a heck of a lot easier to talk about photography then it is to hang them on the wall.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "Critics are like eunuchs in a harem: they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."

-Brendan Behan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    "Critics are like eunuchs in a harem: they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves."
    Very Well Stated!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Or: "Critics are to artists as pigeons are to statues."
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Francesco,

I'm sure you know who you are taking about, and perhaps your comments could be taken as devisive.

Personally, I like to see any exchange of ideas, because that's what a forum is. There are plenty of areas for chemical info, technique info, etc.

Ethics and philosophies and off topic discussions are for people to express their ideas and opinions. I find those various ideas and opinions as interesting and informative as any area on this site.

Just on opinion.

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Mike,

I agree with you completely. Sharing of ideas and criticism is invaluable. Which is why I post my hard earned pictures for perusal quite regularly - I wish to learn and to keep on learning. I wish to be criticised by anyone. I respect the advise I receive.

BUT in my opinion, that thread (of which most know which one) that caused me to start this one, FELT like no debate or exchange of ideas or constructive criticism I have ever engaged in. It felt like a game of WHO WILL WIN THIS TIME.
    Francesco

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Francesco, I have looked at your past posts and I can't find the offending thread. Where is it so I can get up to speed on this issue before commenting.

Is this the situation that led to Jorge's departure?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Eric, I don't know either.

Damn, a dust up that I missed out on.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin