Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,697   Online: 896

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wish to post a photograph in the critique gallery that was taken by my wife, but printed by me. We both enjoy black and white photography very much, but I do all the processing and printing for both of us. My wife does not really choose to interact on APUG like I do, but she is not opposed to having her photograph posted for others to see. How do other members feel about doing this as long as credit is given in the post for the photographer as well as the printer? I personally feel that this is ok since I am doing the processing and printing. In other words, can I ask for a critque of my printing, even though I did not take the photograph?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Go for it! I really dont see the problem here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, I guess it just seemed kind of weird posting a photograph that I did not take myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    State it when posting (and if you want any particular feedback regarding any specific aspect) and people can comment accordingly. Your wife might want to participate more directly if people address responses directly at her portion of the process.

Slightly off-topic... Your obviously used to printing her work, but on the odd occasions I have printed someone elses negs, it's been a very different experience than printing my own (esp. if they're not sharp and there's nothing I can do about it!)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin