Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,162   Posts: 1,614,310   Online: 1134

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think I can manage it if I:

a) load short rolls (like one foot of film), and shoot one each day, don't worry about filling a roll,
    b) dedicated film body so as not to interfere with anything else I may be doing that day or week,
    c) mix up a tank of d-76 specifically for these strips so I'm not mixing one-shot each day,
    d) just develop these short rolls each and every evening in spare time,
    e) scan from the contact print.

With these shortcuts, this should be just a few minutes here and there.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm thinking about it. I have a ton of film in the freezer, so I can't use the lack thereof as an excuse
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I can see people bending the rules in order to remain in the project. On that rainy day when you don't feel great and you don't want to go outdoors, but you have photographed everything indoors, most people I feel would be inclined skip that day and promise themselves to shoot 2 shots the next day. And so the tread begins to unravel. Six weeks later you are posting shots you had taken the previous year.

PS I think you can gather from this that I'll not be taking part, but I do wish everyone who takes part the best of luck with the project.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll give it a try. I think I can get the developing and printing done on the weekends. This will give me and excuse to get the pinhole camera built before Jan 1st (I've been putting that project off for a while)
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TEX View Post
    I can see people bending the rules in order to remain in the project. On that rainy day when you don't feel great and you don't want to go outdoors, but you have photographed everything indoors, most people I feel would be inclined skip that day and promise themselves to shoot 2 shots the next day. And so the tread begins to unravel. Six weeks later you are posting shots you had taken the previous year.

PS I think you can gather from this that I'll not be taking part, but I do wish everyone who takes part the best of luck with the project.
    But you see... that's why I said "if practiced with high ideals and good-faith intentions." Of course I could cheat the protocol. Quite easily. And no one else would know.

But ultimately it doesn't matter if anyone else knows. It only matters that I know.

Ken

Shooter
    35mm RF
    A couple years back I did the Picture a Week thing and that was tough. I kept it up for about 2 and 1/2 years and finally had to let it go. Devloping and scanning put me on a 2 week cycle as I was able to shoot off about a roll every other week.

Eric
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So should we post anywhere special, or just the standard gallery?
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'm putting this challenge on a number of forums.... but plan to post my photos on my blog so I'm not posting them three or four times.

Maybe a flickr site would work?

-rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob -- I really like this idea and would like to try it with the best intentions. Already I have a plan to use a different camera each month/roll of film -- it will help me get to know (and exercise!) my lesser-used cameras while giving me a reasonable photographic goal to keep up with. I don't know how often I could post results (probably once a month at best) or even if I would want to post every shot taken, but I will be doing it. Thanks for suggesting this.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I am tempted as I have been for a while now (I have been following Polyglots Pic Per day for most of the time since he started it), but I would have to concede that it would have to be mixed film/digital. I also think that I would be better at 7 a week as opposed to 1 a day, but where do you draw the line?

OK, I'm not going to commit, but I may do it anyway!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin