Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,047   Posts: 1,560,996   Online: 1136

Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

The Photo A Day Challenge

Could you take a photo every day next year?

I think it would be a worthwhile challenge.

365 photos in one year. You can take more than one photo on any given day, but only one counts in the challenge.

It would be tough but I think I could do it.

So I challenge you. Can you take a photo a day in 2010.

The challenge is to take the photo. If you can't get it posted on the same day, or you have to wait a few days to get it printed that's fine. You can always post them a few days late.

And they have to be real photos... not snaps of your cat sleeping on the chair.

Some people might think they have to all shot with one camera or with one lenses... similar to the Leica challenge a few years back, but that doesn't matter here.

Just take one photo a day and try and post it.

I'm going to post this on a couple other forums as well and blog on it at www.thepicturedesk.blogspot.com.

Let me know if you're in.

Rob Skeoch
    www.thepicturedesk.ca
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm quite sure that I can't make one meaningful photo every day. Of course, it would be easy if I just photographed some of my favorite locations over and over again, or if I could make the time to scout out new locations every day. Working at home, I might make more than one still life on a certain day, but I certainly wouldn't make a still life every day. I think the exercise would be pointless.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I couldn't post one a day maybe one every 15 days as I use roll film, although I think I could do it maybe as a personal challenge rather than post them all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My personal limit is about 3-4 meaningful "photos" per month. If it's a good month.

Sorry, I'm out.
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you consider shooting slide film as making photos? I will be using 2010 to use up this stash of Kodachrome in the fridge. I cannot wait for 2011 to use the Kodachrome as I will not be able to get it processed after 12-31-2010.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a damned interesting proposition, Rob.

I suspect that, if practiced with high ideals and good-faith intentions, it is not nearly as easy as it might initially seem. Every single day, eh? Hmm...

Let me think about this.

Ken

Shooter
    35mm
    Damm, it seems I've been doing it for few years now ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've been doing approximately that for two years now: it is very difficult and time consuming but IMHO worth it. If you try for every single day you either have to accept occasionally crap results, or fail. Instead, I set myself a 4-day window within which to take each image and post one every day - see my signature.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I had a professor that would give an "A" to any student that managed to shoot a 36 frame roll every day for the semester, developed it, and made a contact sheet. That is 7 days a week for 16 weeks.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great idea, I'm interested, but taking one-a-day and posting one-a-day are two wildly different propositions. Scanning for me only happens after printing so...

I can see and will commit to shooting at least one frame a day, the postings though will come only after print sessions, whenever that may be.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Page 1 of 20 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin