Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,685   Online: 862

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I photograph that which amazes me.

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format

my thoughts

Basically,I photograph anyhting which "catches my eye" for some reason-whether it's because I think it's beautiful,dramatic,humorous,or whatever.
    Occasionally,I photograph something simply to practice.

As for the definiton of art,my other hobbies include calligraphy,watercolour and acrylic painting.
    Do I analyse what I'm doing and think about the technical aspects?
    Of course not-I don't have anywhere near enough time to waste any doing that!
    Ultimately,art is whatever you think it is-or to put it another way:"beauty is in the eye of the beholder".
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best way to describe most of what I shoot that ends up as prints is due to the planned accident approach. that simply means that I usually discover some real gold on the way to or from what I originally planned to shoot or maybe within a few feet of the location or object. Serendipity plays a big part for me.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    35mm

Art, Smart and Fart

I feel the need to take a make the best crafted photos that I can from start to finish. I like working in 35mm. I use the most stable tripod, camera and lenses thatr I was able to find. I spend a great deal of effort to find the best camera position. I use BTZS techniques to produce the best negative I am able. Then I print it as well as I am able.

Is it art? Why should I care...it is a photograph that pleases me?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Probably the best place to post this ...

Norm La Coe, at [ http://unblinkingeye.com ] has a *VERY* thought provoking article, titled: "Part Two: Emotion in Photographs: The Landscape Nude - Show me Who you Are."

I just re-read this for about the fifteenth time. This one I will integrate into my "being".

Comments?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin