Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,303   Posts: 1,536,256   Online: 762

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    "I, and a few others here take IMAGES ( I just said that to piss people off)"

Why do you want to piss people off?

"Can't deny the guy can write."

I do not agree at all! He must write in code!

I personally think that there is an envious tone to the start of this thread - it seems like someone is trying to justify their raison d'etre. When you have to do so in writing and publicly, it speaks volumes. Show us your work and let it speak for itself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ed, what I meant to say by "my opinion doesn't matter" is that it reflects my prejudices. My prejudices should not be the basis for anyone else's actions/opinions. This does not go for myself alone, but for everyone else as well.

If we accept the fact that no two of us are alike, that is, accept the fact that the difference exists even if you disagree with the difference, this whole argument wouldn't exist in the first place.

And now to everyone else (read the lines below as good hearted suggestions)

Don't be pissed because people have different opinions from yours, be thankful. If everyone though like you, odds are they would act like you. Shoot & print like you. Your pictures would no longer be yours, they would be everyone else's. What would be the point of shooting, then? Self discovery is useless if you know the outcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, for some reason this thread is going nowhere..this horse is dead....
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bumped up an old thread of Blansky's that he did a beautiful job of writing about ansel Liebowitz. Time to get back to the fun and puruse his first attempt at creative writing for apug.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sean,

I've enjoyed all of this that I can stand. Color me gone.

Donald Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Your viewpoint does not surprise me in the least. I am fully aware of the primary emphasis of your work.
    Actually, Donald, you're not aware of the primary emphasis of my work if you believe it to be portraiture, which I have picked up in the last few months. If you took time to actually find out what the primary emphasis of my work was, you might be a bit surprised.

All the same to me, though. I've no time for people who take themselves so seriously.

- CJ

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Lighten up, folks. I think by now most people should be able to appreciate the fact that Blansky writes these missives with a certain degree of irony. If you're getting worked up about them, you've missed the point.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    My prejudices should not be the basis for anyone else's actions/opinions. This does not go for myself alone, but for everyone else as well.
    But what if I WANT them to be the basis for my opinion? It is entirely possible that what you have said in your opinion does have a significant effect - and I will start to think differently.

In truth, that doesn't happen frequently - but ...

What I am saying is to "Be Free" - select whatever "place" you want, for ANY reason you want.
    Tell you what - I won't apologize for my opinions if you don't apologize for yours. And no one will attack - or demand a change - for anyone else's, either.

We ARE all different - AND we are all equal in importance - which is a LOT.

Not a very good way to start a Flame War, is it?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    IMO it's impossible to separate an artist selflessly devoted to their art from an artist selfishly devoted to themselves.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    IMO it's impossible to separate an artist selflessly devoted to their art from an artist selfishly devoted to themselves.
    Does that work for a philosopher selflessly devoted to the persuit of truth, or the Doctor selflessly devoted to finding a cure, or a detective selflessly devoted to finding the criminal and so on or is it just artists?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin