Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,489   Online: 763

Thread: Searching ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Searching ...

Over the last X number of years on the 'net, I have captured many images of interest and inspiration.
    Some have "enraptured" me. One in particular probably has had a definite effect on my vision - It is a PRIME example of a so-called "sin" being employed to produce art, in the best sense of the word. The sin is "blown highlights", a.k.a. "Halo" -- a result of definite and intense backlighting.

I have lost track of the photographer - neither can I remember - or even come close to remembering - the source.

I claim to be fairly familiar with the Copyright Laws - I don't think posting a copy of that image here on APUG - for the purpose of attempting to find and communicate with the photographer - or even for a discussion of the aesthetics of the image - would be a violation. I have absolutely NO desire to rip off the photographer - in any way, shape or form.

The title of the image is "MLoyola3.bmp". A Google search for "MLoyola" was of no help.

What about it, group? Anyone know of "MLoyola" - and would posting the image be permissable?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    It is a PRIME example of a so-called "sin" being employed to produce art, in the best sense of the word. The sin is "blown highlights", a.k.a. "Halo" -- a result of definite and intense backlighting.

What about it, group? Anyone know of "MLoyola" - and would posting the image be permissable?
    --------------------------------------------
    I am not of any help here BUT the topic/subject is to me one of GREAT interest.

I learned the word for describing what you may mean as bokah or bokeh. It is from the Japanese and used in a derogatory way to describe someone having Alzheimer's disease -- or out of focus with reality; it was adopted by the photographic community to describe the pleasant appearance of elements usually in the background that 'hint' at form and tone without texture.

To achieve it requires selective focus and a great deal of DOF knowledge.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Edwin Loyola?
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi ed -

not sure if it would be okay or not ...

i tried to find the image too -

i asked jeeves, google, fast.no ( alltheweb.com), and the waybackmachine ( internet archive ) and nothing came up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go ahead and post it, Ed. Since you can't find the photographer, let him/her find you!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin