Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,316   Posts: 1,536,731   Online: 1029

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    children don't know right from wrong until someone tells them. ...

who knows if greats are born with it.
    maybe they are great because they don't care if they make mistakes, are inventive, and move-on ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It is clear that each of the musical composers cited here contributed to the lexicon and that those contributions were carried forward by others. But there would still be strong motivation to progress, absent any one artist's contribution.

On this subject of trailblazers clearing paths for other artists, well, we wouldn't even know about the St. Matthew Passion without Mendelssohn, nor would we know Mussorgsky's Pictures at an Exhibition without Ravel, etc. etc. In music, there is a long tradition of consulting the compost pile and using that material to germinate new seeds. It's an organic process, there is no 100% new, but there is a lot of compost in the cycle! So too photography.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since I once again I read about some folks fear of ending up as a Salieri instead of a Mozart: Being a Salieri is not nearly as bad as it sounds. Sure, Mozart got all the fame and glory, but let's not forget that Salieri also made a decent living (unlike Mozart who died in poverty), and he outlived Mozart by decades despite being six years older.

If we transform our ambitions into more effort and better pictures, I'm all for it. But let's not rant ourselves into a depression just because we haven't become the Beethovens of photography by now. BTW: Beethoven wasn't all that happy in his life either ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I suspect that some people are born with a better artistic "eye" than others and others who are able to make the very best of their abilities via their "craft".
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin