Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,128   Online: 1209

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm going in a different direction. The photographs that I consider "masterpieces" are not that because of how accurately they reflect reality. (Thus, why I'm not in the camp of the future has to be 3-d, super-realistic) In fact, I would argue that some of the greatest photographs are of dubious technical accuracy - slightly out of focus, grainy, even -- shudder -- in black and white!

Therefore, I think that the "sci-fi" dreams of future photograpy for me would be a way to evoke an emotion by somehow implanting an image directly into a person's (or group of persons') consciousness. Sort of an image that does not depend on visual perception, but goes straight to the brain. Photography for the blind?

Anyway, it's science fiction, right, so who knows?!?

David

Shooter
    Large Format
    energy crisis forces countries to ban battery chargers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Digital technology is not photography, never was, never will be. It is an independent way of making pictures with strong parallels to traditional painting and drawing; painting by machines guided by numbers rather than painting by hand guided by thoughts.

Photography is the NAME of a particular process. Which process? See signature below!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Digital technology is not photography, never was, never will be. It is an independent way of making pictures with strong parallels to traditional painting and drawing; painting by machines guided by numbers rather than painting by hand guided by thoughts.

Photography is the NAME of a particular process. Which process? See signature below!

Very well put...

Thankyou

B

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    read "After Photography" by Fred Ritchin. from an Amazon review: "Ritchen stresses how digital media, linked through the Web, offer an appropriative and hypertextual approach to photography that promises to reinvent the embattled authorial image into an evolving collaboration, conversation and investigation among an infinite number of ordinary people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maris - Right on target. The label is "Digital Graphic Artsist", or "Digital Graphic Designer". I said it before and I'll say it again " You can send a blind person into the forest with a gun and unlimited bullets and sooner or later they will shoot something. That doesn't make them a Hunter".
    I pray galleries will some day recognize the differece and classify it for what it is.

Shooter
    35mm
    How about the Esper photo analysis machine from Blade Runner? Virtually unlimited resolution and the ability to analyze reflections so well that you could literally see around corners.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    What an interesting concept, instead of projecting my M/F Velvia slides onto a screen, I could project the viewers into the picture
    And then you'll be saying, "Hey be careful! Don't scratch the emulsion!" :rolleyes:

Shooter
    35mm
    Digital is the future of photography. Maybe the next thing will be single frame capture from a large pixel camcorder. Folks want a camera that easily connects to the computer and that is the way the future will be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think its ignorant to think digital is the final frontier....there will in time (perhaps it will take centuries but i doubt it) be a moment where digital is the new analog.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin