Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,844   Online: 817

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    moving holographic veneer ...

for example when the tear down a historic building
    they will put a panel up of a scene of the building torn down,
    near or on the new thing on the site. it will be a 3-d representation
    of what was there, and have movement to show its life, not static.
    kind of the merge between holography, moving images, digital and traditional
    all wrapped in one.
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I don't know what will be the future for photography, but whatever it is I hope it has the following attributes, which would make it a heck of a lot better then film and digital:

1. Dynamic Range the same width as human vision (4-5 stops wider then print negative film).
    2. Supports ISO 25,600 with no noise, no grain, no pixelation, no granularity when enlarged 1,000x, no color casts, no color creep.
    3. Can provide 100% fidelity 1,000 years later.
    4. Can be archived on very low cost, high capacity media, yet it is not necessarily digitized.
    5. Cost per frame is lower then digital capture.
    6. Color space granularity demands 64 bit/channel color.
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, SLRs will disappear for sure (and good riddance, in my opinion). There will be (and some would argue, already are) electronic viewfinders that make mirrors and little viewfinders obsolete. The very high end EVFs are way too costly for now but that will change. For some time I have imagined a 1:1 EVF that basically shows what's on the sensor, at the same resolution. With backlighting.

I guess the next grand frontier is adaptive optics. I imagine a camera firing a reference beam through the lens, receiving the scattered beam, and adjusting the imaging system to aim for maximum sharpness, as a function of subject distance.

I also imagine sensors that are not perfectly flat but perhaps actuated (via piezo) for small curvature corrections. I imagine an element in the lens that is piezo strained. Yes, nobody will be able to afford it for a good long while This is a military application first, as are many of the most forward-thinking technologies.

I also imagine highly modular systems in which the camera body is basically the same but you can swap out the sensor, like the failed Leica Modul R system but much better!

Nothing particularly exciting is going to happen for a good long while though- the cameramakers are dueling over very minor incremental improvements now. There's just not much room for anybody to break out with new products within the current market and manufacturing methods.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    P.S. Most of the things I mentioned already exist in some form, the technology simply hasn't trickled down to the commercial camera level... and won't for quite some time.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.designerinlight.com/lippmann/con2hib1.pdf

This is the future! Full color holography (don't let the lame pictures or the fact that it's impossible to reproduce the images for a computer screen sway you)

Quote.... "The virtual colour image behind a holographic plate represents the most realistic-looking image of an object that can be recorded today."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin