Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,413   Online: 971

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

For the futurists out there....

Ok perhaps I'm a dreamer but inspired by a book called Future days by Isaac Asimov its gotten me thinking what do any of you envisage as the future photographic technology to surpass digital?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Environmentally friendly Daguerreotypes

I suspect 3D recording and smelly-vision would be the next technologies to supplant what we see as digital photography today.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Environmentally friendly Daguerreotypes

I suspect 3D recording and smelly-vision would be the next technologies to supplant what we see as digital photography today.

Digital 3D is already a reality.......

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/...epix_real3dw1/

B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Future photographic technology to surpass digital? Film!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Future photographic technology to surpass digital, sure it is film!

Jeff

Sooner or later all things come back into favor. Thats why I throw away or sell nothing. Its also the reason I'm no longer married.

B

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    well i mean maybe in the future light from moments of time could be preserved in sodium vapor clouds cooled to twelve billionths of a kelvin? or space time could be fucked with to capture light from events and we could look upon that warped space to see the event with out own eyes at will? lets think trippy....whats after digital?
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have this idea of these 3D projections you could step into - total immersion of sight, sound, taste and smell. They'd be moving and editable and from this 'base' one could extract a snapshot which would be a still version of the scene still using all dimensions and senses. You could then explore this static world and produce two-dimensional 'traditional' pictures from any angle.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Future photographic technology to surpass digital? Film!

Jeff
    Right on Jeff, 6X6 Fuji Velvia slides projected onto a big screen surpass any digital I've ever seen.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Holodeck technology like on Star Trek:TNG. An immersive 3-D environment which for all intents and purposes looks, feels and seems REAL. I think we're a long way from it, but that would be the thing- a virtual environment where you could literally step inside the picture frame and explore the world inside the photo, and even look back at the photographer from the point of view of the subject.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Holodeck technology like on Star Trek:TNG. An immersive 3-D environment which for all intents and purposes looks, feels and seems REAL. I think we're a long way from it, but that would be the thing- a virtual environment where you could literally step inside the picture frame and explore the world inside the photo, and even look back at the photographer from the point of view of the subject.
    What an interesting concept, instead of projecting my M/F Velvia slides onto a screen, I could project the viewers into the picture
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin