Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,226   Online: 776

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    turn the computer off

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, after a few days now, I'm up to frame 14

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've also "picked a subject" nearby, like an egg, and made myself come up with several ways to shoot it. The several times I've done this, I've gotten one or two absolute stars (IMO). Then I felt better about taking my camera back into the world again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If you're in a blocked situation, I would just get out of photography for a few weeks or months. Give it a rest. Fill your time with gardening, reading, getting in shape.

Over time you will get your inspiration back. It can't be forced, nor should it. Forcing yourself to get out and shoot will only make it worse, and really not much has ever come from force.

Time settles things.
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This has absolutely nothing to do with film, cameras, processing or anything related to photography. It's about you and finding what it is that you're really passionate about. Find this and photograph it and you'll never be in a slump again. It took me three years to find my passion and I've been pursuing it steadily for better than three years and have had no slumps. Oh, and your photographs will improve as well once you find your passion.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Putting photography aside and doing something else is a great idea.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wfe, I've starting to think along the same lines.

I've been doing landscapes and trees and rocks and clouds and buildings, etc. I realized that, what I really want to photograph is people.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    btw, finished the roll of film today. regardless of subject, it's always exciting to develop a roll and see what i have.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin